Third Boss Concept: Moonchyllus the Nature Goddess

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Third Boss Concept: Moonchyllus the Nature Goddess

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:27 pm

Before I get to the concept art, why don't we get to Cyro's Strip Mall idea first?: https://eliatopia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1288

Okay, so I've went on a field day building up an entire boss. I had brought up this boss to Robby earlier and he seemed to like the concept. Now, I've built up upon said concept, expanding on the environmental aspect of the idea. See, I've designed Moonchyllus with nature in mind, and as environmentalism is part of the political agendas Eliatopia had, I felt the boss would fit in perfectly.

Here is a concept art for the boss itself.:

As Moonchyllus is meant to be a goddess, I decided to avoid anything remotely puppetlike in order to actually make her look divine. I went the Epic Battle Fantasy route just like Robby did with Burber Boys (a McDonald's parody) and designed Monchyllus off Dawn from Total Drama, as Dawn is already a supernatural being who is, of course, a nature lover. As this is a nature goddess, I made her nude as nudity reflects off Mother Nature.

I made a size comparison between her and a few other Eliatopian mobs and a human player. She would be a tish smaller than a Grunt, which makes sense as gods never rely on size for power (plus smaller foes are smaller targets).

Below the size comparison is a set of attacks. As Dawn, Moonchyllus' inspiration, is an aura reader, I decided to make use of abilities based around aura usage, which of course meant a Dragon Ball Z-ish moveset in part. Her fight would play much like Mecha Sonic in Sonic 3 and Knuckles: she's invulnerable even to homing arrows while in the air, and vulnerable when recharging. This would give players a challenge no matter where they're at, but to allow her to be fast, we would need a dodge roll: a key skill to all action-based RPGs.

I would imagine Moonchyllus having her own separate boss music. You're probably better off commissioning someone, because the best I can find for her in terms of royalty-free boss music is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEBPMZ4liEA

Even then, I'm not exactly sure if it fits.

Anyway, since every boss requires set-up, I decided to set things up for the boss. Here's the deal.:

Since Moonchyllus is a goddess, I needed a religion complete with worshippers in order to give her a place in the world. To do this, I made a minimap of a temple for Moonchyllus' worship. The most fitting choice for NPCs in terms of adherents to Moonchyllus' worship were Logons. Most sensibly, I'd name the Logon NPCs after Celtic mythological figures. For example, for the four-armed Great Sage, I shall name him "Great Sage Viridios" after Viridios: god of vegetation, rebirth, and agriculture. There are other nature-based Celtic names for the other logons, as seen here: http://prntscr.com/tsdkp5

Great Sage Viridios would serve as the plot point linking players to Moonchyllus. He would worry about Moonchyllus' aggressive state of mind, which had turned the Logons of Red Leaf Hills into monsters that attack anything on sight. Great Sage Viridios asks you to kill fifty of the aggressive Logons at Red Leaf Hills for a sacrifice that would allow the Great Sage to open a portal to Moonchyllus' inner sanctum. There, you will go through a forest maze that would lead up to Moonchyllus, where a great battle will await.:

As you can tell, I'm not exactly good at making mazes. I knew I had to make a level design for this deal, but still. At the very least I've made an enemy list for the maze which, well... Let's face it, the artwork is in the kinda quality you'd expect from a storyboard rather than anything final.:

I wanted things to be elemental, so I put in Stalagmites for Earth, Cobraquas for Water, Will O' Wisps for Fire, and Ophanim for Air. Yeah, notice how I've made two eldritch abomination angels? Apparently real angels are actually eldritch abominations, NOT beautiful people, as the Book of Ezekiel can attest to. Mhmm. There's even a real Cherub in there, which is a whole mess of crazy. I felt Eldritch Abomination Angels like Ophanim, Cherubim, and Seraphim would fit as mobs in Moonchyllus' domain.

As for the music, I think the song from the Rainforest area in Helmet Heroes would give off the PERFECT divine feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4scdJZ9mMto

But yeah, there's that.

cyro557

Re: Third Boss Concept: Moonchyllus the Nature Goddess

Post by cyro557 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:37 pm

oh nice! seems very thought out
YT:Nerfski
Discord:cyro557#7569
HH:cyro557
Elia:cyro/cyro557

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm

cyro557 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:37 pm
oh nice! seems very thought out
Thanks! Yeah, I didn't want to make a boss without thinking about how to get the boss in the game since bosses... Require plenty of build up in order to fit in with the story. I can't exactly just throw a boss out there and be done with it unlike with regular mobs such as armadillos and stalagmites.

troopas

Post by troopas » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:59 pm

O_O support

Savage0

Post by Savage0 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:56 pm

How about carnelia as a mini-boss gatekeeper ,_, cause of the nature aspect (Right before the Moonchyllus boss arena)
Oh right, Support!
KONO DIA DA!

Criticalism

Post by Criticalism » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:25 pm

as long its a new mob Support dont care if the design is ugly as long theres new BIG SUPPOOOOOOORTTTTTT
Image Cɾιƚιƈαʅყʂɱ
Image C̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶
Dιʂɠɾαƈҽ
Image ~Nyaa ♥

yasvsV

Post by yasvsV » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:01 am

SUPPORT! Any new boss is fine :))))))
๖ۣۜ𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝙮 𝙖 𝙨 𝙫 𝙨 𝙑
๖ۣۜ𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝔾ℕ: 𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼~
๖ۣۜ𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: nɹǝᙠ#7573

Kyper

Post by Kyper » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:56 pm

heheh boi, u got some big honkers

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Kyper wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:56 pm
heheh boi, u got some big honkers
Funny you'd bring that up; I think she's a C-cup.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Pretty nice suggestions here! I'll have to refer back to here when it's time to add in the next boss and enemies and such! As for now, I've got a few other things to complete before hand.