Power Smash Buff

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Power Smash Buff

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:52 pm

I'll parrot what others have been saying here. No damage buff this time; I would rather have base Power Smash have an AoE buff. One of the most voiced concerns of Power Smash's AOE, which seems to be smaller than the AOE of a warrior's base attack.

Personally, I think a slight base attack AOE buff would work as well; not disjointed hitbox levels of a buff; just something more manageable.

CrazyVanilla

Re: Power Smash Buff

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:49 am

Support, this is definitely needed. It doesn't even have to be anything significant, just enough to make up for slight visual and perception errors in the game.

Also, the fire damage should be first for power smash. I believe its from lava smash, but to give an example of how bad this currently is:

With only the base power smash upgraded, my fire damage to saw guardians can get up to like 200+.

With the skill tree upgraded, my fire damage to saw guardians is only like 20 or less, literally nothing.

I can't confirm this, but I think that lava smash is taking priority over the fire rune on my sword. In reality, the fire damage should be whichever is greater (either the lava smash fire, or the fire rune damage from the sword). Otherwise, it currently makes fire useless for power smash, which fire is the "warrior signature" rune.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:11 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:49 am
Support, this is definitely needed. It doesn't even have to be anything significant, just enough to make up for slight visual and perception errors in the game.

Also, the fire damage should be first for power smash. I believe its from lava smash, but to give an example of how bad this currently is:

With only the base power smash upgraded, my fire damage to saw guardians can get up to like 200+.

With the skill tree upgraded, my fire damage to saw guardians is only like 20 or less, literally nothing.

I can't confirm this, but I think that lava smash is taking priority over the fire rune on my sword. In reality, the fire damage should be whichever is greater (either the lava smash fire, or the fire rune damage from the sword). Otherwise, it currently makes fire useless for power smash, which fire is the "warrior signature" rune.
If that is the case, that's an error that should be investigated and fixed because I don't think any skill should be less powerful the more you upgrade it. Otherwise, I think fire damage is fine the way it is rn; don't quote me on that.

Sadomasoquista

Post by Sadomasoquista » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:54 am

Nah, this skill deals a lot a damage, and already have a lot of AoE with the explosions.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:29 am

Sadomasoquista wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:54 am
Nah, this skill deals a lot a damage, and already have a lot of AoE with the explosions.
Uh, Arrow Hoard can do 9x an archer's normal damage with Sharp Hoard only and, depending on the size of the monster, they don't have to be near the monster sometimes to get the full amount in. Under similar circumstances (meaning no Rage since Archers don't have an active buff), Power Smash only does 4.5x damage and explosions only do 50% damage afterwards, and not all the explosions are gonna hit with them blowing up in a circular path around the player. In the Warrior's case, you'd have to be right next to an enemy to get the skill to deal damage. I don't see how Power Smash wouldn't need a bigger hitbox for just the smash itself.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:45 pm

Sadomasoquista wrote:
The explosions do almost no damage, the only use for them is in pvp it can stunlock players. I agree powersmashes damage is perfectly fine, but it is not an AoE attack, in fact, I would say the power smash itself has the smallest attacking range out of any attack in the game, including the warriors basic attack. This really isn't a buff suggestion, it's just to fix issues with only 1 sword landing a hit, or not landing a power smash hit even though you are perfectly lined up on your screen because the game is slightly out of sync. That type of stuff happens ALL the time, it's incredibly annoying.

Sadomasoquista

Post by Sadomasoquista » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:13 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:29 am
Sadomasoquista wrote:
Uh, Arrow Hoard can do 9x an archer's normal damage with Sharp Hoard only and, depending on the size of the monster, they don't have to be near the monster sometimes to get the full amount in. Under similar circumstances (meaning no Rage since Archers don't have an active buff), Power Smash only does 4.5x damage and explosions only do 50% damage afterwards, and not all the explosions are gonna hit with them blowing up in a circular path around the player. In the Warrior's case, you'd have to be right next to an enemy to get the skill to deal damage. I don't see how Power Smash wouldn't need a bigger hitbox for just the smash itself.
Ok then the damage should be decreased, to compensate the increase of the AoE to keep the game balan... Oh i forgot balance in this game doesn't exist. Nevermind

Joey__

Post by Joey__ » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:05 pm

Sadomasoquista wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:13 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:29 am
Sadomasoquista wrote:
Ok then the damage should be decreased, to compensate the increase of the AoE to keep the game balan... Oh i forgot balance in this game doesn't exist. Nevermind
(now ik what maxblue meant by annoying arogant players)