A way to combat lazy afk players

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Stormzy
A way to combat lazy afk players

Post by Stormzy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:23 am

Insomnia here

I don't care how many players disagree with this idea, but it needs to implemented, I absolutely hate global exp, and there's too many people just being lazy and not putting in any real dedication, so I suggest that after 20 or 25 minutes of players being inactive, to automatically log them out, could even make the time shorter than that to 15 minutes

Stormzy

Re: A way to combat lazy afk players

Post by Stormzy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:41 am

Also as I'm aware that it can be bypassed by simply doing something else, after two times off being logged off, and signing back in, your accounts put on hold for 10 minutes

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:05 am

It's a little bad, I think it could be bypassed if you put a clicker. Also, 15 minutes is not enough time that spends boss in 101 area to spawn, ice stump in area 86 need 22 minutes to spit out a rune.

Stormzy

Post by Stormzy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:11 am

Yes but this is just mostly for afk users not people who are botting, this is more for the players who just go to one area and do nothing, and there should be a system to help detect things like that so people don't bypass it

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:26 pm

This is pretty pointless because it can just easily be bypassed. Look at HH, it has this same thing except it's meaningless because you can just bypass it by using an autoclicker or something like that. It'd be virtually impossible to create " a system to help detect things like that so people don't bypass it". Definitely something that is not at all worth Robbys time.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:51 pm

What if we make it so that you need to attack, SPECIFICALLY, in a 5 minute window, to get any exp?

You can't attack on a bench, you can't attack in the void.

...why not just- remove global entirely at that point? Nobody uses it without the afk aspect, and it has made the game legitimately not fun...Quite frankly, I rather it had been 3x coins, compared to what it is now atleast that would depend on YOU grinding...so like, replace it with that and leave near exp share on, that was the only time guild grinding was social afterall.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:12 pm

cinos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:51 pm
What if we make it so that you need to attack, SPECIFICALLY, in a 5 minute window, to get any exp?

You can't attack on a bench, you can't attack in the void.

...why not just- remove global entirely at that point? Nobody uses it without the afk aspect, and it has made the game legitimately not fun...Quite frankly, I rather it had been 3x coins, compared to what it is now atleast that would depend on YOU grinding...so like, replace it with that and leave near exp share on, that was the only time guild grinding was social afterall.
fr
its almost cheating when u think about it
guilds that dont have it get xp the same, farming.
big guilds like BHG, WD, Chrono, VOID, etc all the people just afk. and for the contrib requirment, pros can do it in like a hour and then afk the rest of the day.
not saying u guys guilds are bad
8-) 8-) 8-)

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:36 pm

TheWood wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:05 am
It's a little bad, I think it could be bypassed if you put a clicker. Also, 15 minutes is not enough time that spends boss in 101 area to spawn, ice stump in area 86 need 22 minutes to spit out a rune.
Me (A programmer) after simply making it so clicking doesn't consider you active

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:41 pm

Joey!! wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:12 pm
fr
big guilds like BHG, WD, Chrono, VOID, etc all the people just afk. and for the contrib requirment, pros can do it in like a hour and then afk the rest of the day.
You realize the xp doesn't just magically appear right? Someone has to actually grind it. So, if everyone is afk - then no one gets xp?

Sure, people can just afk and leech, but what impact does that have on anyone else? Why does it concern you that someone else is afk? It doesn't impact your ability to play the game at all. It's one thing if we were talking about something similar to HH where you can afk with pets that insta-kill mobs, preventing real players from grinding, but afking in Elia has zero impact on anyone else's ability to play.

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:49 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:41 pm
Joey!! wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:12 pm
fr
You realize the xp doesn't just magically appear right? Someone has to actually grind it. So, if everyone is afk - then no one gets xp?

Sure, people can just afk and leech, but what impact does that have on anyone else? Why does it concern you that someone else is afk? It doesn't impact your ability to play the game at all. It's one thing if we were talking about something similar to HH where you can afk with pets that insta-kill mobs, preventing real players from grinding, but afking in Elia has zero impact on anyone else's ability to play.
becuase, say player 1 is the only one farming. player 2, 3, and 4 are all afk. while player 1 is farming with global on, hes loosing 25% to the other players. so player 1 would turn off global right? so then global isnt being used, therefore its just a wasted 750 emes.
8-) 8-) 8-)