Piercing Rounds

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Flashlight237
Piercing Rounds

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:56 am

While piercing is normally reserved for archers in RPGs, there are actual piercing rounds that exist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour-pi ... ammunition

Since piercing for an archer in Eliatopia would be out of the question due to friggin' Arrow Hoard, might as well give it to Gunman instead. Come on, anything is better than a straight-up damage or RPM buff. Ice runes have armor-piercing effects already, so let's modify the defense portion of the formula a bit.:

Player Defense (with piercing): Armor*(1-Ice Damage Reduction)*(1-Piercing Damage Reduction)

Enemy Defense (with piercing): Base Enemy Defense²*(1-Ice Damage Reduction)*(1-Piercing Damage Reduction)

Yeah, I had piercing damage stack onto ice damage multiplicatively. If it were stacked additively to ice damage, we'd essentially have a literal infinite damage exploit.

Ideally this shouldn't work with things that don't involve bullets (Grenades, Clamp Traps, and Flares), but works with things that DO involve bullets (Base attack, Drones, Coin Shot). I mean come on, when would explosives do piercing damage? Anyway, here's what I got for piercing damage for gunmen.:

Piercing Rounds
Type: Passive
Levels: 3
Description: Your bullets become armor-piercing rounds capable of bypassing enemy defenses.
Base Piercing Damage Reduction: 12.5%
Piercing Damage Reduction Increase per Skill Level: 12.5%

PvE-wise, this should make high-defense entities (Titanium Droids, Saw Guardians, Colossal, and Xantis) more accessible to gunmen with and without the need to carry money around. The skill strength is a little high for my liking, but you never know when something that seems good on paper would turn out weak in execution apparently. So yeah, there ya have it.

mike

Re: Piercing Rounds

Post by mike » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:22 am

oh boy, ive probably suggested some type of bullet that would do this like 10 times now and rob just ignores it
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:53 pm

I do not support this unless a change is made to money power as well. Cowboy could definitely use this skill for PvP, but for PvE cowboy already has essentially infinite damage and outgrinds every class at a high level. This skill would help with the non-maxed cowboys, so because of that I would love to see this added + a change to money power. But until that happens, this would just make the max cowboys too powerful in PvE.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:28 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:53 pm
I do not support this unless a change is made to money power as well. Cowboy could definitely use this skill for PvP, but for PvE cowboy already has essentially infinite damage and outgrinds every class at a high level. This skill would help with the non-maxed cowboys, so because of that I would love to see this added + a change to money power. But until that happens, this would just make the max cowboys too powerful in PvE.
And what do you propose?

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:55 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:28 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
And what do you propose?
Alter the damage boost of money power based on how far the bullets travel to add actual risk to using the skill to get insane damage. The longer the bullet travels, the less damage it does. Doesn't make sense for cowboys to be able to do warrior level damage from 33 feet away when the only reason a warrior can do such damage is because it needs to be at point-blank range.

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:06 pm

Really. For the archer, im have to get close enough to kill monsters in a couple of hoards. By the time I get to guardian gunner will have already killed it from 33 feet. Almost no risk to a gunner.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:18 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:55 pm
Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:28 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
And what do you propose?
Alter the damage boost of money power based on how far the bullets travel to add actual risk to using the skill to get insane damage. The longer the bullet travels, the less damage it does. Doesn't make sense for cowboys to be able to do warrior level damage from 33 feet away when the only reason a warrior can do such damage is because it needs to be at point-blank range.
Ahh, interesting... I like that!

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:55 am

finally gunmans get to do more dmg... but like what cv said, the super op gunmen that can acuuallly hold like 20m, that would be to op right... but for like lvl 60-80, it would just fine, thats hard
8-) 8-) 8-)

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:

It's a nice idea, but i feel like the distances in Eliatopia is very hard to understand (or even if they work correctly). Like whip normal attack being weird depending on the dirction you attack, despite claiming to keep the same attack distance.

Yes, i know it's a perspective game, but i feel like the perspective is weird.

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:32 pm

MaxBlue01 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:

It's a nice idea, but i feel like the distances in Eliatopia is very hard to understand (or even if they work correctly). Like whip normal attack being weird depending on the dirction you attack, despite claiming to keep the same attack distance.

Yes, i know it's a perspective game, but i feel like the perspective is weird.
...what does that have to do with coin shot nerf? :lol:
8-) 8-) 8-)