Make arrows, bullets and snakes not collide with players

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Make arrows, bullets and snakes not collide with players

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:24 pm

This is a pvp suggestion, but basically the projectiles collide with players and it makes it so the players can't move, or can't control their movements. Like arrows and bullets stop players from moving, if someone has a fast gun like a pellet spitter or 2 bone pirate pistols the collision of the bullets makes it so you basically can't move at all. The same happens with arrows, they stop your movement so for example bouncing rain, which you can spam like 100+ arrows with, if you get hit by 1 of them (which is unavoidable when there is so many like that), you stop moving for a second. Same thing happens with arrow hoard, if you try to doge the hoard but get hit by 1 arrow, that 1 arrow will stop you from continuing to move, and you'll likely get "sucked into" the hoard and hit will the other arrows too because of it.

As for snakes, they can just basically make like a "magic carpet" and carry the player around. Like they will make their way underneath the player and just drag them around without the player really able to do much about it because they are in the "jumping position", meaning the player can't move like normal.

Overall, the collision between projectiles and players in pvp makes it hard to avoid attacks and control your own movements. In a lot of scenarios, you are basically just subject to whatever happens because you can't move at all to avoid anything.

TheWood

Re: Make arrows, bullets and snakes not collide with players

Post by TheWood » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:28 pm

I suggested this a long time ago, but was told it was okay lol. This pushing helps in grinding monsters, but it's annoying in pvp. Especially in battles with gunners who have very fast fire weapons.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Ok thanks for the suggestion. If possible, would you be able to show a short video of what you mean with the bullets and arrows making PvP suck? Just want to be sure what you mean first. I know what you mean as far as the collision, but just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly as far as it inhibiting movement.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:54 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:37 pm
Ok thanks for the suggestion. If possible, would you be able to show a short video of what you mean with the bullets and arrows making PvP suck? Just want to be sure what you mean first. I know what you mean as far as the collision, but just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly as far as it inhibiting movement.
It's not that is makes PvP suck per say, it's just it makes dodging attacks and moving around in a somewhat tactical way MUCH more difficult. But sure thing, here is a video. Now in this video we are just testing so I'm not really taking damage, but if you could imagine this but with a P5 gun + Poison zone, or with a maxed clover bow for the hoards, not only would my movement be restricted from the collision, but I would also be taking a massive amount of damage at the same time forcing me to stop and heal, basically creating a "stun lock" type affect.

Also, keep in mind in the video when I have rage on, I am Neutral speed (same as everyone else), and without rage I am +21% speed, so it SHOULD be easier for me to avoid attacks, but I still really can't. You can also see when I doge roll, I don't even move.
https://youtu.be/3hXyr3QDYo8

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:39 pm

I legit suggested this but with snakes only. Support.

Kentrassi

Post by Kentrassi » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:54 pm

support

Sadomasoquista

Post by Sadomasoquista » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:37 pm

Support!!!

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:21 pm

Pretty sure you kinda need these snakes to collide with the player so that they'll be more effective at hitting their target, chief.

Also what do you mean with arrows and bullets? Do you just want the slight stun removed because you can't dodge? I think that's overkill.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Troll

Post by Troll » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:13 am

cinos wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:21 pm
Pretty sure you kinda need these snakes to collide with the player so that they'll be more effective at hitting their target, chief.

Also what do you mean with arrows and bullets? Do you just want the slight stun removed because you can't dodge? I think that's overkill.
It's not like a gunner that shoot's 500 BPM gives a "slight stun", you almost can't move, even if roll.

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:51 am

Troll wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:13 am
cinos wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:21 pm

It's not like a gunner that shoot's 500 BPM gives a "slight stun", you almost can't move, even if roll.
I like how you pretend I don't also fight gunners, I know, stun exists to not allow warriors to simply ignore damage.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111