A better boss system

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
troopas
Re: A better boss system

Post by troopas » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:20 am

I mean if the items being dropped weren't guaranteed to happen 100% of the time and still had chance involved in each tier of damage, I'd like it.

Although if all those items were guaranteed on kill I'd be less enthusiastic for it.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:45 pm

troopas wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:20 am
I mean if the items being dropped weren't guaranteed to happen 100% of the time and still had chance involved in each tier of damage, I'd like it.

Although if all those items were guaranteed on kill I'd be less enthusiastic for it.
Nono, the example is there to try and illustrate that each of the potential 3 "killers" will have their own loot table, with obviously the most damage tier getting the best rewards and going down from there. The actual drop rates would basically be the same as how they are right now with bosses, definitely not 100% guaranteed drops or anything like that. The only thing guaranteed would be the coin drop, which would be proportional to how much damage you did to the boss (if you do 50% damage, you get 50% of the coin value).

The idea of this is not to make bosses more op, it's to make it so more than 1 person can benefit from killing them, because right now only 1 player can get anything from a boss, which is a pretty bad system since their SUPPOSED to be a "teamwork" thing, and there is only 1 of them spawning at a time.

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:59 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:45 pm
troopas wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:20 am

Nono, the example is there to try and illustrate that each of the potential 3 "killers" will have their own loot table, with obviously the most damage tier getting the best rewards and going down from there. The actual drop rates would basically be the same as how they are right now with bosses, definitely not 100% guaranteed drops or anything like that. The only thing guaranteed would be the coin drop, which would be proportional to how much damage you did to the boss (if you do 50% damage, you get 50% of the coin value).

The idea of this is not to make bosses more op, it's to make it so more than 1 person can benefit from killing them, because right now only 1 player can get anything from a boss, which is a pretty bad system since their SUPPOSED to be a "teamwork" thing, and there is only 1 of them spawning at a time.
It's not fair to limit certain loot for just one player. It would be better to give you a different modifier for loot drop: 80-100% for 1st place, 55-70% for 2nd place, 30-40% for 3rd place. This percentage would work to drop chance by changing normal drop chance from drop list
(for example 10% chance of dropping a twig, in third place you would get a twig with a 3-4% chance).
This doesn't take away the point of grind if the item you want is on next tier, which only player with higher damage can get.