Resistances

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Fav
Re: Resistances

Post by Fav » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:12 am

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:22 pm
Fav wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:06 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Have to agree with wood here. Changing the resistances from % to set values would be pretty dumb. The reason they are in % in the first place is because the damage they deal is based on % as well. It’s only logical to count the resistance in % as well then.
Didnt know that..still doesnt give me a feel of tank some fire.. with a maxxed set… so its bad in either way.
It depends how much damage is dealt to you. If your talking about fire from a warrior, with a crit it can be very large damage even with resistance because of the high raw damage span. Changing it to a value wouldn’t help that tho, it would either make the resistance completely useless, or extremely op. Since fire isn’t a set damage each time (like poison is) fire from 1 player/class could be say 20 damage, where as from another it could be 500. In that case, if you set the resistance value at say 50 for full f5, then it’s basically useless for the 300 fire damage, but If you set the resistance value at 500, then it’s extremely op.

With it being a %, it keeps it consistent. So whether the damage is 30 or 500, you still resist the same % wise. Then the damage that is dealt after that is based on your defense.

This same logic can be applied to every other rune as well, except for poison.
But do you think its really balanced?
While having 500hp, 137k def output and a maxxed set i get onehit by ninjaslash from a player, using calamity and shield.
To me its more likely unfair than balanced.
Peaky Blinders #1 :mrgreen:

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:15 am

Fav wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:12 am
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fav wrote:

Didnt know that..still doesnt give me a feel of tank some fire.. with a maxxed set… so its bad in either way.
It depends how much damage is dealt to you. If your talking about fire from a warrior, with a crit it can be very large damage even with resistance because of the high raw damage span. Changing it to a value wouldn’t help that tho, it would either make the resistance completely useless, or extremely op. Since fire isn’t a set damage each time (like poison is) fire from 1 player/class could be say 20 damage, where as from another it could be 500. In that case, if you set the resistance value at say 50 for full f5, then it’s basically useless for the 300 fire damage, but If you set the resistance value at 500, then it’s extremely op.

With it being a %, it keeps it consistent. So whether the damage is 30 or 500, you still resist the same % wise. Then the damage that is dealt after that is based on your defense.

While having 500hp, 137k def output and a maxxed set i get onehit by ninjaslash from a player, using calamity and shield.
The issue is the balance of the warrior class. Electric and fire damage from other classes could not do more than 100 damage to you.
An attack with the best homing in the game could kill most players with 1 hit.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:34 pm

Fav wrote:
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fav wrote:

Yes it’s balanced. 137k def and 500 hp is really low for pvp, and this is just from warriors because of their high raw damage. Every class has their strengths and weaknesses, like how an archer with p5 bow can do 500+ poison damage with 1 hoard even to a player with high poison resistance. You just have to learn about it and learn how to play around it.

Fav

Post by Fav » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:55 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:34 pm
Fav wrote:
CrazyVanilla wrote:

Yes it’s balanced. 137k def and 500 hp is really low for pvp, and this is just from warriors because of their high raw damage. Every class has their strengths and weaknesses, like how an archer with p5 bow can do 500+ poison damage with 1 hoard even to a player with high poison resistance. You just have to learn about it and learn how to play around it.
Well, i havent enjoyed pvp yet cuz of the horrible delays you have on mobile.
So i mostly stay away from there, but whenever i try to fight someone either the delay makes me ragequit or the overpovered warriors do.
Thats why i wanted to talk about the resistances …
But how you explained it,it kinda makes sense. Only thing i hate, is about the need to have pvp stats to survive these attacks. There should be another way too.. like having OP resistance but ig thats impossible now.
Peaky Blinders #1 :mrgreen:

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:18 pm

Fav wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:55 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:34 pm
Fav wrote:

Well, i havent enjoyed pvp yet cuz of the horrible delays you have on mobile.
So i mostly stay away from there, but whenever i try to fight someone either the delay makes me ragequit or the overpovered warriors do.
Thats why i wanted to talk about the resistances …
But how you explained it,it kinda makes sense. Only thing i hate, is about the need to have pvp stats to survive these attacks. There should be another way too.. like having OP resistance but ig thats impossible now.
Well, you also have to consider that having pvp stats means you don't have grind stats... Warriors are definitely very good in pvp, but compared to the other classes (besides mage), they are buns for grinding. You could also get pvp stats with say an archer and be very good in pvp as well, but then not be as good at grinding. It's a trade off depending on what aspect of the game you want to focus on.