A way to combat lazy afk players

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
CrazyVanilla
Re: A way to combat lazy afk players

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:02 pm

Joey!! wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:49 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:41 pm
Joey!! wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:12 pm
fr
its almost cheating when u think about it
guilds that dont have it get xp the same, farming.
big guilds like BHG, WD, Chrono, VOID, etc all the people just afk. and for the contrib requirment, pros can do it in like a hour and then afk the rest of the day.
not saying u guys guilds are bad
You realize the xp doesn't just magically appear right? Someone has to actually grind it. So, if everyone is afk - then no one gets xp?

Sure, people can just afk and leech, but what impact does that have on anyone else? Why does it concern you that someone else is afk? It doesn't impact your ability to play the game at all. It's one thing if we were talking about something similar to HH where you can afk with pets that insta-kill mobs, preventing real players from grinding, but afking in Elia has zero impact on anyone else's ability to play.
becuase, say player 1 is the only one farming. player 2, 3, and 4 are all afk. while player 1 is farming with global on, hes loosing 25% to the other players. so player 1 would turn off global right? so then global isnt being used, therefore its just a wasted 750 emes.
Correct, so what is your point? You are just making my point stronger

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:30 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:02 pm
Joey!! wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:49 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:41 pm

You realize the xp doesn't just magically appear right? Someone has to actually grind it. So, if everyone is afk - then no one gets xp?

Sure, people can just afk and leech, but what impact does that have on anyone else? Why does it concern you that someone else is afk? It doesn't impact your ability to play the game at all. It's one thing if we were talking about something similar to HH where you can afk with pets that insta-kill mobs, preventing real players from grinding, but afking in Elia has zero impact on anyone else's ability to play.
becuase, say player 1 is the only one farming. player 2, 3, and 4 are all afk. while player 1 is farming with global on, hes loosing 25% to the other players. so player 1 would turn off global right? so then global isnt being used, therefore its just a wasted 750 emes.
Correct, so what is your point? You are just making my point stronger
i know that the xp doesint magicly apear, im saying it does matter that other people are
afk becuase it takes away 25% of your xp. so if they turn it off all the time, why even have it
8-) 8-) 8-)

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:41 pm

Joey!! wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:30 pm
i know that the xp doesint magicly apear, im saying it does matter that other people are
afk becuase it takes away 25% of your xp. so if they turn it off all the time, why even have it
Cuz you can? You can choose to have it on or not

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:59 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:41 pm
Joey!! wrote:
"You can choose to get extra xp, or get left behind"
Brilliant deduction, unfortunately, that's kinda the problem, the option itself is bad and should've never happened in the first place. I'm not the only person who has mentioned it, but personally I'd rather we just got 3x guild coins, it would still be better than this.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:01 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:41 pm
Joey!! wrote:
if you dont have it, nobody wants to join your guild.
if you do, you just wasted alot of money.
you should know this by now :lol:
8-) 8-) 8-)

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:17 pm

cinos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:59 pm
Brilliant deduction, unfortunately, that's kinda the problem, the option itself is bad and should've never happened in the first place. I'm not the only person who has mentioned it, but personally I'd rather we just got 3x guild coins, it would still be better than this.
I agree, and despite the fact you think this was my suggestion, which it was not, and I don't even recall supporting it, I don't like global xp at all.

I am a perfect example of exactly why this was not a good addition. I am currently #8 in levels, mostly by afking. I have a full time job, and somewhat of a social life, I do not have the time anymore to grind all day like I used to a year or two+ ago when I actually earned my top 15-20 spot. But I have still been able to climb my way to the top just by afking. Now don't get me wrong, I do grind, but usually just an hour or 2 a day at most, maybe more on weekends. But it's nothing compared to a lot of the other top 10 players, heck, even a lot of the top 50 players.

Re-reading what I said a couple replies ago, it does sound like I am defending global xp, however that was not my intention. I was intending to illustrate the afking part is not an issue because it doesn't impact anyone elses ability to play, it's the xp sharing that is the issue. And a suggestion like this one is not feasible, and actually would only make it worse because not only would you need to afk 24/7, but you also then need to run a program to bypass the anti-afk, which means you need a specific device / a better device to do it, and I'm sure you can see why that only makes it worse.

You may disagree with things I suggest or support, but I never suggest or support anything that encourages automation. Everything I suggest always tries to encourage actively playing and being engaged in the game.

j5dgreat

Post by j5dgreat » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:27 pm

I support the idea as really I have wasted a lot of time simply hunting AFK members instead of using that time to grind.

It does have effect to players, for example Player 1 is grinding giving 25% off his XP, Players 2, 3 and 4 are AFK receiving 25% XP from Player 1. The problem here is that when Player 1 logs off (we can't force everyone to be online and AFK for different reasons, and we also have the timezones), Players 2, 3 or 4 might be now awake and playing. Thus all 3 of them shares XP, Player 1 did not get any.

In short Players 2, 3 and 4 got XP from Player 1's hard effort. Yet, Player 1 got nothing from them in return. This is more troublesome if it is happening on a daily basis (Which trust me it does as I have seen it).

The difficult part here is that, the system can't really detect AFKs much, and movement, as other players had mentioned, can be bypassed by a lot of means which the system can't identify if it is legit or not.

Checking the player's movement is out of the question.

What I can think of as of now are only two things:
1) Making the game alert on screen in random areas of the screen with a button and text saying "Are you still there?", maybe every 15 minutes (as most bosses for those farming, spawns every 12 minutes, exception for the 20 minute ice statue, but I think come back after 15 minutes to check the screen should be acceptable and a fair adjustment for the player. (I don't recommend this though as people can still work and alt tab or have 2nd monitor to just wait for the notification for them to click. and so they are still literally AFK).

2) Set another validation in the Global XP sharing wherein, players who are receiving XP from global should have a continuously increasing contribution. If not, for a period of time, then the player might be already leeching. And by this he should be kicked out from the game, OR, better yet, he shouldn't receive XP from Global. (I like this one better!)

I do believe still that the Global XP is helpful, and good to those in a guild. We don't have to remove a good thing just because it is being abused. The best minds are out there, where is always a better solution than just removing it. We, and the developers of this game, just need to find it, or, if found, agree to implement it.
VULCAN KNIGHTS
Leader

Stormzy

Post by Stormzy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:18 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:17 pm
cinos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:59 pm
I agree, and despite the fact you think this was my suggestion, which it was not, and I don't even recall supporting it, I don't like global xp at all.

I am a perfect example of exactly why this was not a good addition. I am currently #8 in levels, mostly by afking. I have a full time job, and somewhat of a social life, I do not have the time anymore to grind all day like I used to a year or two+ ago when I actually earned my top 15-20 spot. But I have still been able to climb my way to the top just by afking. Now don't get me wrong, I do grind, but usually just an hour or 2 a day at most, maybe more on weekends. But it's nothing compared to a lot of the other top 10 players, heck, even a lot of the top 50 players.

Re-reading what I said a couple replies ago, it does sound like I am defending global xp, however that was not my intention. I was intending to illustrate the afking part is not an issue because it doesn't impact anyone elses ability to play, it's the xp sharing that is the issue. And a suggestion like this one is not feasible, and actually would only make it worse because not only would you need to afk 24/7, but you also then need to run a program to bypass the anti-afk, which means you need a specific device / a better device to do it, and I'm sure you can see why that only makes it worse.

You may disagree with things I suggest or support, but I never suggest or support anything that encourages automation. Everything I suggest always tries to encourage actively playing and being engaged in the game.
Insomnia here

Dont get me wrong here crazy, but hate it when people use the excuse, well I have a life, I mean I have one too, but you don't see me using globe exp, i think a simple fix to this is if a bunch of people just ask and support a change in the exp formula, not choosing the lazy alternative and just using a p2w option,
I'm sorry but that's just my opinion on it, I just feel in this game, me and a bunch of og's put actual work I to our accounts all for it to be shutdown by some lousy p2w feature

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:06 pm

Stormzy wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:18 pm

Insomnia here

Dont get me wrong here crazy, but hate it when people use the excuse, well I have a life, I mean I have one too, but you don't see me using globe exp, i think a simple fix to this is if a bunch of people just ask and support a change in the exp formula, not choosing the lazy alternative and just using a p2w option,
I'm sorry but that's just my opinion on it, I just feel in this game, me and a bunch of og's put actual work I to our accounts all for it to be shutdown by some lousy p2w feature
I didn't use any excuse lol. I literally said I am a perfect example of why it's not a good thing, I have no idea what your talking about. I mean, if your saying I shouldn't use it then thats just dumb. I may not think its a good idea but I'm still going to use it as long as it exists so I don't get left behind. I also have absolutely no idea what the exp formula has to do with anything, and I have grinded plenty way before xp sharing was a thing.

-Illumi

Post by -Illumi » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:24 pm

WTF BRUH :evil: