About the wishing well

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
MaxBlue01
About the wishing well

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:59 am

Before V1.0.0, this even had 2 major problems. And since v1.0.0, a new important problem arise. Quick reminder on how it work: on area 68 (after you complete Nature Factory storyline), you have access to a wishing well. Every day, at 0:00 AM, it will send lot of money at close proximity as a money drop. t's then up to the players to walk and collect as much money as they can. The total amount seem to be calculated on *forgotten drops* from farmers (though i'm not sure, it could also be randomised). Depending of the day, the total iis often somewhere between 100k to 1M (could be more, rarely). With that said, let's talk about the problems here:

Problem 1: The timing. Currently, the event happenat 0:00 AM server time. This server time is the "same" for everyone, regardless of your location. Unless i'm mistaken, i'm assuming this time is the London's time (although from my research on UTC, it feels like it's 1 hour early). This mean when it's 0:00 AM (or 00:00) in London, everyone else in the world will participate in the event. This cause a massive problem for lot of people: mainly Europe, Africa and about half of Asia. Why? Because at this time, most of those players will be asleep. While i can see few players from Lodon's timezone being awake at 0:00 AM, several players won't be so lucky. It can be 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM in Spain, or 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM for the west of Russia, both being completely in the middle of the night/extremly early. Let's keep in mind the main player base for the game are youngs ADOLESCENTS, who will usually not have the freedom on waking up in the middle of the night to play on the computer. This clearly give players an unfair situation between players who can easily reach the event during his day time with no problems (like east of Russia, USA) and players who cannot. And this happen every single night. Imagine, a player from the USA gaining 50k per day from the well, while a west-russian can't do it, despite being on the same progression. This give the USA player a clear and unfair advantage over the Russia player, especially on long term.

Solution 1; i get it the lore about "midnight" sound cool, but i'm afraid this will just keep the problem forever. There is a need to have a different timer for this event. Like i suggest in my other post, instead of doing the event every 24 hours, i think we should do the event every 20 hours. Doing this will allow a fair cycle with every player in the world (unless they purposely move around the world with horrible timing, which concern almost nobody), without making the event too frequent. In terms of gameplay design, i think a user-friendly timing is much better than a lore-based mythical event.

Problem 2: initial exploit: I could be wrong here because lag can screw eeveryone, but i'm noticing something from even before v 1.0.0. Basically, since the money follow the general same movement, it is possible for some players to time their movements so they catch the money mid-air at the very start, like spawn-camping money. The frequent exemple of this is players who keep jumping in front of the wishing well. It seem possible one player can collect most (if not all money) near instantly, while other players barely saw the money appear. Also, rarely, some money would get either stuck "inside" obstacles (effectively making them unobtainable at all), or few money is sent "behind" the obstacle barrier. By using glitch/exploit to go above obstacles, some players can manage to collect this money.

Solution 2: make the money unlootable for a very short time (during the animation), until it touches the ground. This will allow a fair event for everyone. Also mak sure every money is immediately reachable: not stuck inside an obstacle or sent behind the obstacles.

Problem 3: coin magnet. A good majority of players knew this was comming the moment we saw the new payvault added (well except Robby apparently). This payvault is a fatal design flaw for the wishing well event, basically favoring p2w / super rich players for getting much more money, while other players have no chance at all at enjoying the event, making it much worse for them. Worst, te coin magnet got BUFFED by being stronger, making the event much more harder.

Solution 3: As i suggested in one of my posts, there is an absolute need to force the coin magnet to be disabled ONLY inside area 68 (where the event happen), a short time before 0:00 AM (to anticipate lag / giving players time to get used to the lack of magnet. Something like 30sec to 1 min), until a short time after 0:00 AM (to give everyone enough time to collect every money. Something like 1 min to 2 min just to be very safe). Obviously, forcefully disabling/enabling will cost nothing for the player.

I wanted to rise an alarm about this event in particular, as lot of average players are heavily dependant of this event. Right now, their progress is effectively stopped, all they can do is grind 5+ hours just to gain 1 level up, while getting very few money (compared to how much we need at this point). Don't get me wrong, this is NOT the only problem about Eliatopia. I already made a huge post listing most of the important ones that need to be fixed as soon as possible (link: https://www.eliatopia.com/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=9611 ).

LodiRepus

Re: About the wishing well

Post by LodiRepus » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:12 am

im so lazy to read all of this :lol:
neva gana gif yu ap

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:24 am

LodiRepus wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:12 am
im so lazy to read all of this :lol:
it's called a detailled argument. I'm just avoiding begging for a random suggestion with no reason. There was no reason for you to comment this if you have nothing revelant to say. Either you agree, or you disagree with an explanation, or you have something revelant to add, or you have a revelant question about my suggestion. Otherwise, this isn't your place.

But if you are still too lazy to read the first post, here is the summary of my suggestions:

1) Change the event cooldown timer from 24 hours to 20 hours

2) Make droppable money unlootable during the drop animation (can be collected only after they are all dropped to the ground)

3) Disable coin magnet during event.

Celeste_The_Archer

Post by Celeste_The_Archer » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:18 pm

yeah... i noticed those problems for a while. robby should work on this better. i support your suggestions, maxblue01. and good job being thorough. :)

MaxBlue01

Post by MaxBlue01 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:51 pm

Celeste_The_Archer wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:18 pm
yeah... i noticed those problems for a while. robby should work on this better. i support your suggestions, maxblue01. and good job being thorough. :)
Thanks for your support. I wish more poeple gave their opinion on this so that Robby would be aware of this issue. Right now, 80% of suggestions are about very high level players asking extra content *they* can do (and most likely only they can do), while ignoring attracting more new players. Seriously, now isn't the time to add pets, new late-game/post-game areas, new boss, new runes types, ... The current structure of the game is already fragile and need to be fixed. We don't need breaking the game structure even further, otherwise it's going to be basically HH all over again. And at this rate, Eliatopia will more and more look like a game played by only elites/p2w, while new players can't do anything (in a REASONABLE amount of time) because of poor design.

I would like everyone to think about what yould really help the game more. Are you going to be selfish and only ask for content/suggestions YOU can afford? (like pets costing 10M+?) Or are you going to try to support ideas that benefit as many players as possible? I don't care if you all think i'm annoying with my ideas. Meanwhile i don't see many of you actually discussing my ideas (either this wishing well suggestions or the ideas from my big thread: https://www.eliatopia.com/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=9611 ), and i still believe most i said can be very usefull to the game.

Just a warning: don't tempt me on making 20+ different threads at once for each of my ideas. If this is all it takes to make players see my ideas and trying to discuss actual usefull ideas to fix the game, i will eventually do it.

potato4life

Post by potato4life » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:01 am

maxblue01 your totally right about the wishing well but i don't know how people are gonna respond
IMA POTATO

edk

Post by edk » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:08 am

I feel for the brokies.

When I was there for maybe a week straight eachnight, I took the money, ALL of it every single time because of coin magnet. Averaged like 400k per day from the wishing well and it does not really do me much but for them like level 30-60;s who were mainly there it can take them a long way.

So I support what this gentleman has said as I would like more people to play the game and them getting more money will encourage them to do so :mrgreen:

Pro_xGamer

Post by Pro_xGamer » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:58 am

You thing is right.The well is a secret spot and there 2 ways to go there
1.Scorpee bug.
2.Ice damage see this vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yktQzyaBQSM
The only pro player in America sweating in Eliatopia

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 am

Pro_xGamer wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:58 am
1.Scorpee bug.
What does this have to do with ice? You were pushed by a steel block.
You can get there by doing a dodge roll from that board or by shooting at that stump (if archer or gunner), so that it extends its tongue and you run over it.

Pro_xGamer

Post by Pro_xGamer » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:57 am

TheWood wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 am
Pro_xGamer wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:58 am
1.Scorpee bug.
What does this have to do with ice? You were pushed by a steel block.
You can get there by doing a dodge roll from that board or by shooting at that stump (if archer or gunner), so that it extends its tongue and you run over it.
It isnt a push.It is but only ice damage monsters push you.Don't you know ice damaage bug?Once time i was sent flying i cvouldn't record it
The only pro player in America sweating in Eliatopia