Eliatopia Early Game And Classes.

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
Jakub34
Re: Eliatopia Early Game And Classes.

Post by Jakub34 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:01 pm

Flashlight237
Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:10 pm
I dunno, early game is kinda fast in comparison to, say, trying to get a set beyond Lunatic/Paladin in a warrior's case. At that point, you'd be expecting the best drops to be a Protection Helmet from Beetles unless you feel like waiting for a group to open the Nature Factory gates, which sells for about $18k at shops without mugging someone with a gun. There are more valuable drops, like Teslas having Caliburns and Steel Blocks having Mechanical Wings(!!!), but... Good effing luck getting one!
I mean, one point of the game being slower than another is definitely a good thing to see, as it lets you know that the game is starting to get more difficult, but looking at the early game itself, it is still terrible. The main problem lies in there being more players, so you are not making as much money, which basically means good luck progressing at a decent rate. Even being the only person, there are still some problems between what armor and weapons you have.
Flashlight237 wrote:
I can kinda understand your complaint with weapons, I mean I'm a guy who wants wides gaps to be filled in. There's a huge-butt gap between the Pie Tin and Stop Sign, a huge gap between the Chivalry and Chaos sets, a huge gap between the Back Igneous Rack and Blue Shell, and a huge gap between the Forsaken-tier sets and the Cybo-tier sets to name a few. If both Robby and the Eliatopia community would allow me to do so, I would be more than happy to give you a bow between the Long Bow and the Red Bow (the $2.3k bow you've mentioned).
Well, if all else fails, I do not think Robby would be opposed to adding a new weapon. Kinda crazy that the long bow (Which has a power of 8?) is the last bow you get before the red bow (which has a power of 14?), meanwhile every other class has a better option that is at least affordable.
Flashlight237 wrote:
As for the price formula, it had been changed minorly since the last time you've played (which I think was like a year ago..?); for armors, Defense's share in pricing was changed from (x+1)³ to (x+1)^2.97, which for a set with 99 defense (a bit past the point where price differences start being noticeable, which is like 50 defense or something) is 13% lower. We'd ask for more, but we kinda gave up on that.
A change is nice I suppose, but eh, could still be improved a lot more. Defense was definitely the thing that needed changing, as it is pretty much always the highest stat, with there being only a few sets of armor that are an exception. (Not sure about any of the newer armors.)
Flashlight237 wrote:
To respond to your thing about crabs and dillos... Dillos aren't actually too much further from crabs; they're only 42% more durable. Looking at your gear, just upgrading from near nudity to the Ninja set should allow you to fight with dillos just as well as you do with crabs already, and Ninja set is effing cheap. Drop-wise... After seeing how Robby's tossing in super-expensive drops into things like the Steel Block, Azulong, and Blizzer, I personally don't see any reason why Dillo Hides couldn't be a super-rare drop for Dillos, but not too rare; probably like... 1 in 10000 or something, maybe a bit more often than that. Weirdly enough, Agents are the most valuable mob at that point in the game, with a loot value over 100 across all drops, though that could be because you only can get like one Agent at a time as opposed to a smorgasbord of crabs or dillos.
Yeah, after checking the wiki, it looks like they only have 1 more defense than crabs. Going through some of the next few enemies, it does look mostly fine, or at least I hope so.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Though a common complaint that's starting to rear its ugly head here is how armors aren't being given decent offensive upgrades from the last tier of set, which I think is especially true for warriors past Lunatic gear. If there had been a consistent 10% or more increase in offensive stats each tier, the Paladin set would be rocking a nice +10 strength, and Forsaken and Cybo +16 strength and +18 strength respectively.
I don't think there is much you can do about that, unless you give a massive boost to each set of armor. Your offensive stat is going to be so much higher than whatever your weapon power is, so adding a few extra points is not really going to do much.
Flashlight237 wrote:
I personally shared the same complaints about the branches as you did with how skill paths don't get greyed-out or blocked out if a specific path is chosen, but at this point, I've a bad feeling that isn't gonna be changed anytime soon.
Yeah, Robby has been iffy about making some changes to the game, which I cannot necessarily blame him, but a revamp to the skill tree is one of those things I think that should really be done.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:35 pm
For #2, I had created my own pricing formula hoping to speed things along, which would drop the exponential part hard (from x³ to 5*x^2.5), which resulted in pricing patterns similar to HH's. That was back in 2020 when I was more actively involved with the game as opposed to now where I get on the game just to look around. At least the pricing formula I had would be better than the current one where you'd might as well go "fvck it! I'm selling my max-runed gear to Cheapo's!"
The problem with this formula is that it makes beginner items more expensive. Just looking at defense alone, items do not become cheaper until 26 defense. With the newer formula, it's not until 31 defense. Changing it to 3 * (x+1)^2.5 makes items cheaper in terms of defense at 11 defense. Still a little problematic in my opinion, but at the very least, the price is in a decent spot that is not too crazy.

CrazyVanilla
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:13 pm
Just to give some background, I spent roughly $60,000,000 coins on my new Saw set, guns, and accessory. That does not include buying any of the runes needed for the set, and it's not even maxed out yet. $60,000,000 is an insane amount of money when the most you can make on average is about 300-400k per hour, and that's with optimal grinding conditions, which are hardly ever present. Thats 200 hours of grinding in optimal conditions for my set, which isn't even maxed. Plus, since it's so expensive, it's also basically impossible to sell now, because so few players can even afford it.
Yeah, this is exactly what I was worried about when I originally made a post about changing the formula. Prices are just going to keep running away, and unless you make enemies drop a lot of money, or give them better + more common drops, then it's going to take forever to farm the new items.

GeraltOfRivia
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:16 am
There is one thing that all of you just forget-RUNES. Starting from lowest to current best mobs they drop different runes. On low ones like crabc etc. player can get few different runes which for a low lvl players means a lot of cash. F.e getting H1 from ground spitters which you can easily sell for 10k, S1 from crabs- 20k+, also F1 and E1 which goes for even more than 100k each, I1 from ice blocks that sells for 500k+. Getting even one rune gives big income in cash, making it easy to buy low lvl set. Therefore drop rate cannot be counted only by items. Another thing that makes you think sets are way too expensive in fact isn't the price of it but the cost of each upgrade. Here we don't need to change its price but the price of implementing most of the runes. F.e putting I1, I2 and I3 on mush bow cost almost 1M, sharpening or hardening is even more expensive. All it takes to lower total money to max set/weapons is to lower the price of runes implementation(eccept for Poison, which is realy cheap for set/weapon/backpack/shield).
The problem with this is that runes/stones are pretty rare, you might not be the only person farming an enemy that drops it, you need to find a player wanting to buy that rune/stone, and you do not know the future prices of stones/runes. For all we know, most of those runes you listed could be worth 5k by the end of this year, maybe more, who knows. There are only a few amount of players that would benefit from the drop anyways, so you still have to taken into consideration everyone else that did not find a stone/rune.

The price of putting runes/stones on weapons/armor is pretty ridiculous from what I've seen. Stones make sense, since they provide a massive boost, but I do not think the runes are as important. That being said, I also do not think you should be maxing your armor/weapons out, and then immediately moving onto the next set. Max out one set of weapons/armor, then wait for the next few to come out, or until there's a massive increase in stats.

Cinos
cinos wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:29 pm
Bro, how are you finding the EARLY game hard? It's really not, I left templar for good in like a day or two, while I was already very lazy.
As I said, the prices are too high for what the beginner enemies can give. Take into account for there being more players, and affording half of this stuff is going to seem impossible. It is not a good look on your game if you have a lot of players stuck in the starting area, because they cannot afford anything. A good way to get players to leave your game if anything.
cinos wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:29 pm
Also, skill trees offering different playstyles...yeah aight, I guess you could add more skills for wizards or cowboys or whatever to make it differ, but it's really more a case of that being less easy to do. Warriors only get sacrificial skills, losing speed for power and defense mainly, eye for an eye, while other classes need a new, unique way to add customizable builds, because somehting like that is useless for the rest.
It is not that hard to do. It is all a matter of imagination and how much work you are willing to put in.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:17 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:01 pm
It is not a good look on your game if you have a lot of players stuck in the starting area, because they cannot afford anything. A good way to get players to leave your game if anything.
I believe this is currently a big problem for Eliatopia. If you ever look at the population map, often times you'll notice there are consistently A LOT of players at the beginning areas, most of which I'd be willing to bet do not ever even make it to Alion City.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:25 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
I mean, one point of the game being slower than another is definitely a good thing to see, as it lets you know that the game is starting to get more difficult, but looking at the early game itself, it is still terrible. The main problem lies in there being more players, so you are not making as much money, which basically means good luck progressing at a decent rate. Even being the only person, there are still some problems between what armor and weapons you have.
Easily the best way to handle the player count in that regard is to make the beginner areas bigger. It had happened before with the campsite and the spot outside of Marty's cabin, and again with the gas station area for the Ice Cubes, so I don't see what's stopping that from happening again. Drop rates are the biggest factor to individual player experience, yes, but area size is the biggest factor to group experience.
Flashlight237 wrote:
I can kinda understand your complaint with weapons, I mean I'm a guy who wants wides gaps to be filled in. There's a huge-butt gap between the Pie Tin and Stop Sign, a huge gap between the Chivalry and Chaos sets, a huge gap between the Back Igneous Rack and Blue Shell, and a huge gap between the Forsaken-tier sets and the Cybo-tier sets to name a few. If both Robby and the Eliatopia community would allow me to do so, I would be more than happy to give you a bow between the Long Bow and the Red Bow (the $2.3k bow you've mentioned).
Jakub34 wrote:
Well, if all else fails, I do not think Robby would be opposed to adding a new weapon. Kinda crazy that the long bow (Which has a power of 8?) is the last bow you get before the red bow (which has a power of 14?), meanwhile every other class has a better option that is at least affordable.
Know what? Here.:

Put this in your OP so Robby can see it plain as day. (Long Bow's power is 9 and the Red Bow's is 14. I was hoping for a power of 12 with this bow if I found the right median. Not exactly what you're looking for, but better than nothing.
Flashlight237 wrote:
As for the price formula, it had been changed minorly since the last time you've played (which I think was like a year ago..?); for armors, Defense's share in pricing was changed from (x+1)³ to (x+1)^2.97, which for a set with 99 defense (a bit past the point where price differences start being noticeable, which is like 50 defense or something) is 13% lower. We'd ask for more, but we kinda gave up on that.
Jakub34 wrote:
A change is nice I suppose, but eh, could still be improved a lot more. Defense was definitely the thing that needed changing, as it is pretty much always the highest stat, with there being only a few sets of armor that are an exception. (Not sure about any of the newer armors.)
Oh, it sure as he|| is the case there too!
Jakub34 wrote:
Yeah, after checking the wiki, it looks like they only have 1 more defense than crabs. Going through some of the next few enemies, it does look mostly fine, or at least I hope so.
I don't think you're gonna have any real worries there unless, out of sheer morbid curiosity, you backtrack and go about grinding Ice Cubes or Razor Ice, but eh. I think you're better off taking on Rafflesias than you are those two, especially with how rare Ice Cubes and Razor Ice are.
Jakub34 wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:
Though a common complaint that's starting to rear its ugly head here is how armors aren't being given decent offensive upgrades from the last tier of set, which I think is especially true for warriors past Lunatic gear. If there had been a consistent 10% or more increase in offensive stats each tier, the Paladin set would be rocking a nice +10 strength, and Forsaken and Cybo +16 strength and +18 strength respectively.
I don't think there is much you can do about that, unless you give a massive boost to each set of armor. Your offensive stat is going to be so much higher than whatever your weapon power is, so adding a few extra points is not really going to do much.
Might I remind you that offensive stats in armors were massively nerfed when the Magic Back Troll was the latest mage accessory? It used to have 62 magic! And with how small armor stat boosts are, even single-digit buffs are gonna be significant.
Jakub34 wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:
I personally shared the same complaints about the branches as you did with how skill paths don't get greyed-out or blocked out if a specific path is chosen, but at this point, I've a bad feeling that isn't gonna be changed anytime soon.
Yeah, Robby has been iffy about making some changes to the game, which I cannot necessarily blame him, but a revamp to the skill tree is one of those things I think that should really be done.
Touche.
Jakub34 wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:35 pm
For #2, I had created my own pricing formula hoping to speed things along, which would drop the exponential part hard (from x³ to 5*x^2.5), which resulted in pricing patterns similar to HH's. That was back in 2020 when I was more actively involved with the game as opposed to now where I get on the game just to look around. At least the pricing formula I had would be better than the current one where you'd might as well go "fvck it! I'm selling my max-runed gear to Cheapo's!"
The problem with this formula is that it makes beginner items more expensive. Just looking at defense alone, items do not become cheaper until 26 defense. With the newer formula, it's not until 31 defense. Changing it to 3 * (x+1)^2.5 makes items cheaper in terms of defense at 11 defense. Still a little problematic in my opinion, but at the very least, the price is in a decent spot that is not too crazy.
Actually items get slightly cheaper than the current formula starting at 24 defense (My formula doesn't do x+1, it just does straight-up x as I felt that would make things easier overall), but you do you.: https://prnt.sc/ccax1FxDPpER
Jakub34 wrote:
Yeah, this is exactly what I was worried about when I originally made a post about changing the formula. Prices are just going to keep running away, and unless you make enemies drop a lot of money, or give them better + more common drops, then it's going to take forever to farm the new items.
Believe me, ANY drop is good for me. I would know; I had myself kill and hand-count 1000 Auroch Beetles exactly and 20% of what I made off drops came from junk items. That ain't a measly portion like most people would think; that's a chunk. People are losing 20% of their drop earnings by ignoring junk items.
Jakub34 wrote:
The price of putting runes/stones on weapons/armor is pretty ridiculous from what I've seen. Stones make sense, since they provide a massive boost, but I do not think the runes are as important. That being said, I also do not think you should be maxing your armor/weapons out, and then immediately moving onto the next set. Max out one set of weapons/armor, then wait for the next few to come out, or until there's a massive increase in stats.
Electric rune with its 15% general damage per stage increase and crowd-damaging capabilities would like to have a word with you.

Though with what I got in terms of armor, I never even bothered hardening or runing any of my armors except for the Back Igneous Rock I got, so I think I should be good in terms of equipment expenses; well, better than the other guys at least.

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:10 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:25 pm
Easily the best way to handle the player count in that regard is to make the beginner areas bigger. It had happened before with the campsite and the spot outside of Marty's cabin, and again with the gas station area for the Ice Cubes, so I don't see what's stopping that from happening again. Drop rates are the biggest factor to individual player experience, yes, but area size is the biggest factor to group experience.
Yeah, this is definitely an option. It still does not fix the pricing issue, but it does keep areas from clogging a lot faster than they need too.

Flashlight237 wrote:

Put this in your OP so Robby can see it plain as day. (Long Bow's power is 9 and the Red Bow's is 14. I was hoping for a power of 12 with this bow if I found the right median. Not exactly what you're looking for, but better than nothing.
Added.
Flashlight237 wrote:
Might I remind you that offensive stats in armors were massively nerfed when the Magic Back Troll was the latest mage accessory? It used to have 62 magic! And with how small armor stat boosts are, even single-digit buffs are gonna be significant.
I should have been a little more specific about this. Enemies that are within range or above of your weapon/armor stats will not see much of a noticeable effect that was worth the money you spent. Also, I remember there being another change to the damage formula; I do not remember exactly what it was, but looking at it, the player's stat seems to be utterly useless now.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Jakub34 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:10 pm
the player's stat seems to be utterly useless now.
It basically is in terms of just using base damage. It's only useful because of the skill multipliers. From a normal attack standpoint, it's pretty much useless.