Nametags

Stuff you would like to see in the world of Eliatopia.
troopas
Nametags

Post by troopas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:18 pm

I still don't know how this hasn't been added, but simple enough.

I think everyone can agree this is something the game should really have.

cinos

Re: Nametags

Post by cinos » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:15 pm

troopas wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:18 pm

Sorry man, I don't think so. Robby himself has said he removed names so Eliatopia feels less gamey and more like a world...which is exactly what I thought when I realized they were gone.
Also the lack of a name encourages more unique loadouts imo, plus allows for some fun pit trickery.

For the first time, it's a no-go, amigo.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

troopas

Post by troopas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:23 pm

cinos wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:15 pm
troopas wrote:

Sorry man, I don't think so. Robby himself has said he removed names so Eliatopia feels less gamey and more like a world...which is exactly what I thought when I realized they were gone.
Also the lack of a name encourages more unique loadouts imo, plus allows for some fun pit trickery.

This is the same game where we summon bouncy balls as an attack to lag other peoples games.

Astin

Post by Astin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Would be cool to see but could be questionable when people bunch into a cluster, and would it still show if a player died (laying down). Would support if it became an option in the settings tab

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 pm

troopas wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:23 pm
cinos wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:15 pm
troopas wrote:

This is the same game where we summon bouncy balls as an attack to lag other peoples games.
Yeah but it's not about realism as much as it is about engagement. It's a world of magic, of course you have magic balls, but why would anyone have floating letters on their head? It reminds you that it's a game, when Eliatopia has made an effort to do the opposite (day-night system, the dumb store time schedules, timed events etc).
I just don't want name tags because besides breaking immersion it would also clutter up the screen, and unlike HH this is not a 2D game where all the names and characters are in a typical x and y axis, they'd be just a MUSH of named and characters in alion. Keep recognition to unique colours and loadouts, it's super cool when one pulls it off.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 pm

I will still consider making this toggleable in the options menu if enough player's want it. But yes, I have it off by default to prevent too much clutter and have more of the focus on the game environment and immersion.

Astin

Post by Astin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:27 pm

Astin wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:27 pm
Would be cool to see but could be questionable when people bunch into a cluster, and would it still show if a player died (laying down). Would support if it became an option in the settings tab
Unrelated but probably the worst Forum Post I've written. Guess I was half-awake or something since the grammar man :?

troopas

Post by troopas » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 pm
I will still consider making this toggleable in the options menu if enough player's want it. But yes, I have it off by default to prevent too much clutter and have more of the focus on the game environment and immersion.
There's no reason not to add this in my opinion if its toggleable

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:13 pm

Ok, so even though I prefer the look of not having too much text everywhere, I figured this couldn't hurt to be added in as toggleable. So I've finally added textfields below players name in for next update. You just have to enable it in the options menu.

One thing to note however, is that the name tags will still be hidden when playing on "very low" quality setting. This is so that performance can be top priority.