Global XP share in guild without global & contribution carryover

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Wimmsel
Global XP share in guild without global & contribution carryover

Post by Wimmsel » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:49 pm

I joined a guild which does not have global XP share yet. However, I still seem to have global share activated - my former guild had global. I now receive less XP when killing mobs, like when global is active. According to guild activies, there are no members of my guild nearby. However, I do not receive XP from other members.
Edit: Contribution does increase when killing NPCS as well.

It also looks like I transfered my contribution from the old guild to the new one, as I just joined recently and the contribtuion pretty much matches the amount I had when I left my old guild.
Is the carryover a featrue or a bug? Actually don't mind it, shows when some active players join.

GNMN

Re: Global XP share in guild without global & contribution carryover

Post by GNMN » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:23 am

How do u kill NPC?????

Wimmsel

Post by Wimmsel » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:55 am

Ok, bug resolved itself after logging in today. Maybe caused by not relogging after joining guild.

Edit: No bug came again after switching maps, I now share and receive XP from other players.

GNMN wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:23 am
How do u kill NPC?????
Simply by hitting it. NPC is every non-player character for me, maybe you understand if I call them "mobs" instead.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:57 pm

Thanks for the post. I'm having a little trouble understanding which bugs you may mean though.

One thing to clarify. If you purchased the "guild global XP share" payvault item, the contribution points for those will automatically be given when joining any guild. This is because that feature it transferrable between guilds. Any other contribution points from the previous guild will be lost though, and will thus NOT transfer.

Wimmsel

Post by Wimmsel » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:14 am

I did not buy the global XP share in my old guild, it was someone else. I only had the option "global share" on when I left and it was also on when I entered the new guild, which did not have global share. As a result, gobal share worked for me as if the guild had it. I did give and receive XP form other players this way.

The contribution I got was also only due to farming in the old guild and it was transferred as well. According to your explanaition, the contribution should have been 0. But it did increase in the new guild due to the gobal share function as well.

Unfortunately, I cannot check now, as I left the other guild already.

So there are two bugs, I would suppose:
  • Contribution not related from buying global share is transferred over instead of being reset.
  • Global share function can remain active if once activated, even when the prerequisite - being in a guild that has global share - is no longer fulfilled.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:47 pm

Ok thanks for the clarification, that is pretty strange. Just a few questions to help me try and figure out what may have happened.

1. Did you leave the guild yourself, or were you kicked?
2. The the contribution points remain even after logging out and back in?

Wimmsel

Post by Wimmsel » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:52 am

Robby wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:47 pm
Ok thanks for the clarification, that is pretty strange. Just a few questions to help me try and figure out what may have happened.

1. Did you leave the guild yourself, or were you kicked?
2. The the contribution points remain even after logging out and back in?
1. I left the first guild myself, no kick.
2. Yes, the contribution remained even after I logged in again. I did not relog after joining the new guild, then relogged later and the contribution remained.

Sorry for the late reply.

we_can

Post by we_can » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:00 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:57 pm
Thanks for the post. I'm having a little trouble understanding which bugs you may mean though.

One thing to clarify. If you purchased the "guild global XP share" payvault item, the contribution points for those will automatically be given when joining any guild. This is because that feature it transferrable between guilds. Any other contribution points from the previous guild will be lost though, and will thus NOT transfer.
Will con points from my previous guild still count towards my fame?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmblXu9kpizGeIwMNLHWPvQ

og warrior

Wimmsel

Post by Wimmsel » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:56 pm

So I now joined another guild, this time one that had global XP share. I did have some initial contribution right after joining, before killing any mob. But this time, the contribuiton was 45k instead of 145k last time.
So the bug does still seem to exist in some way.