Clicking makes the game lag HARD

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
cinos
Clicking makes the game lag HARD

Post by cinos » Sat May 29, 2021 7:57 pm

For some reason after playing for a while clicking will always make the game lag super hard, especially noticeable on gunmen (which is why I only noticed now, probably). See, when you click to do ANYTHING the game will lag if it's been on for a long period of time (I'm talking several hours), ranging from clicking to attack, to move a menu, fudging anything. The WORST of it happens when you try buying stuff en-masse, I'm talking bullets, arrows, food etc. If you click rapidly when the game is being a whiny son-of-a-gun like this, the game will straight up FREEZE for what seems like an eternity. I'm not the only one who noticed, right? Because it's weird, the minute the loading bug is gone (thank god btw), THIS poop starts happening. Thankfully for actual combat using C to fire instead of clicking works fairly well (reminds me of osu for some reason).
Basically, is this a common thing or is opera gx just being a major son-of-a-gun with eliatopia lately?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

we_can

Re: Clicking makes the game lag HARD

Post by we_can » Sat May 29, 2021 11:25 pm

Idk, I use Opera GX too and it has always ran smoothly when I play elia. I use my cowboy alt on elia and it's fine. It might be your internet, other tabs (check GX Control), or you might need to restart your computer.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmblXu9kpizGeIwMNLHWPvQ

og warrior

degenerate

Post by degenerate » Sat May 29, 2021 11:50 pm

Yes I can confirm, clicking to attack/interact will be cause freezing after hours of gameplay.
I didn't bother posting though, I was convinced that it was on my rig's fault. I'm on a low-end pc.

Also why use Opera GX, lol. I never have used opera gx but I'm guessing it is not good for gaming since it consolidates apps that are not really necessary for playing games thus hogging more on resources, CPU power specifically.

If you are using it because of the said "Gaming browser" then stop.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:18 am

Degenerate said it best; don't use Opera GX. You're much better off using literally anything else.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun May 30, 2021 8:30 am

degenerate wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:50 pm
Yes I can confirm, clicking to attack/interact will be cause freezing after hours of gameplay.
I didn't bother posting though, I was convinced that it was on my rig's fault. I'm on a low-end pc.

Also why use Opera GX, lol. I never have used opera gx but I'm guessing it is not good for gaming since it consolidates apps that are not really necessary for playing games thus hogging more on resources, CPU power specifically.

If you are using it because of the said "Gaming browser" then stop.

Actually it's because I like the dark theme it provides and because the cpu and gpu limiter IS pretty neat. I'm not using it to be le "epic gamer", that poop died down during the time MLG memes died (thank fudging god). It's just that chrome is a powerhogging son-of-a-gun, but I can't get used to firefox, so I picked "chrome but shitn't". I mean, it's not CHROME levels of poop, it works!
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Huh. That's weird, I'm a warrior and I also get this problem after playing for a while. Trying to buy things will take 2-3 seconds per purchase, and clicking a player will lag the game for a few seconds. Usually happens after a while, so it works with what you're saying.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sun May 30, 2021 9:25 pm

Guess this is the next big Eliatopia bug that's gonna be a pain in the butt for a few months then...well hey, it ain't the loading bug atleast.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks for the report. As a side note, I'm glad to hear you aren't having that loading issue. I have a vague idea on why this is happening, but I have a few questions.

1. You say it only happens after a few hours of the game running. Are you actively playing during these hours, or is the game just sitting there idle as your are AFK?

2. The lag is only happening when you click, correct?

3. More specifically, does the lag spike happen when you click down, or only after you release the mouse button?

4. Does it happen when you click ANYTHING? Even non UI stuff.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:54 pm

Double reply. Ok, I found some things that MAY be causing this. Although I can't be 100% for sure. I'll have the changes in the next update.

cinos

Post by cinos » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:52 am

Robby wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:41 pm
Thanks for the report. As a side note, I'm glad to hear you aren't having that loading issue. I have a vague idea on why this is happening, but I have a few questions.

1. You say it only happens after a few hours of the game running. Are you actively playing during these hours, or is the game just sitting there idle as your are AFK?

2. The lag is only happening when you click, correct?

3. More specifically, does the lag spike happen when you click down, or only after you release the mouse button?

4. Does it happen when you click ANYTHING? Even non UI stuff.
1. both if I recall
2.ye
3.I think it happens with the initial click, and also MASHING it is catastrophic, I'm talking FREEZING the game for many seconds
4. anything, just clicking in the game when the supposed time threshold is reached.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111