Cont. Of Archer Disabilities -Astin

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Astin
Cont. Of Archer Disabilities -Astin

Post by Astin » Sat May 15, 2021 2:32 pm

Dear Robby Scherer

Continuing the topic of last week, thanks to the like of a friend, I was able to compile evidence of my claim of damage unable to be counted. Within the link attached lies a test using both a normal jungle bow and a fully runed jungle bow, as well as testing using the arrow hoard ability. As a summary, using the jungle bow, only once a hit was recorded out of 25+ arrows, that being 1 of the 5-6 arrows coming from the hoard ability UP CLOSE. As for the runed bow, the same result occurred, along with the electricity glitch.

Note: once again my apologies for the rushed message and grammar mistakes.

Here's the video:
https://youtu.be/IY9dsGC9blM

-Astin

Astin

Re: Cont. Of Archer Disabilities -Astin

Post by Astin » Sat May 15, 2021 2:37 pm

Another observation from his POV, sometimes it may look like I'm not up close or am directing properly, but on my screen it was precise.

(if you question whether or not it was an error since I wasn't close, I did this over and over up close and from various angles to determine if it was the case. Hopefully this is convincing to show the problems I've faced for weeks.)

-I've noticed this happening to various other archers though one today was able to attack normally using both his hoard and normal arrows despite having electricity applied. I swear this is confusing, relying on me having to use the Energy Orb ability just to damage.

Astin

Post by Astin » Sat May 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Or am not directing properly*

Satan

Post by Satan » Sat May 15, 2021 8:08 pm

The formality of this post makes it more difficult to understand. The video does make the issue clearer though.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 pm

Ok thanks for the video! So from what I'm gathering, is that no damage is happening because of a syncing issue across clients. In other words, it looks like on his screen you are not shooting in the correct direction. Am I understanding correctly then? If this is the case, I need to look into why this is happening. I did notice some players have been seeming to teleport around sometimes, which shouldn't be happening and may be related to this bug.

For my own reference, what platform are you two playing on in the video? Mobile, desktop, or web?

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Fri May 21, 2021 5:36 pm

on his screen it was hitting me, on my screen it wasn't. also i'm playing on web, idk about him (i recorded it)

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Fri May 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Ok thanks for the information. It's tough for me to tell if this is just an issue with player positioning getting out of sync between your games, or if there is something else going on. Either way, I'll make a change for the next update that will try to improve the positioning of other players when using bows, guns, and magic breathe. My guess is that your character were appearing at slightly different locations on each of your games, so his weren't registering the hits because the arrow was missing according to his. We'll see if this helps. If you think it's something else though or get any more info, just let me know.