Archer disabilities in PvP, Rune errors.

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Astin
Archer disabilities in PvP, Rune errors.

Post by Astin » Tue May 11, 2021 8:50 am

Dear Mr. Scherer

Normally I wouldn't go to these lengths to highlight a point but in regards to your response in a previous post asking whether or not the electric rune chaining on oneself was true, I responded with true, though that isn't the whole issue. In the broader sense, Archers (Myself, peers and most likely every archer) have had their attacks failed to be recognized as an attack, with the runes being applied not counting and the arrows failing to show damage (when being hit)...I can't even say people are being hit as nobody even takes damage (There isn't even a damage sign of 0 or anything).

To prove my claim, I used both a control of base weapons of every class (minus cowboy), then runed versions. The results came back in favor of every class OTHER than the archer weapons which failed to even do 1 damage. If you wish for pictoral evidence, I'd be glad to show the various images in hopes of getting this fixed.
^ (Sorry for the informal language, I'm writing this at 5 in the morning)

Astin

Re: Archer disabilities in PvP, Rune errors.

Post by Astin » Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 am

To throw in a reference, earlier today I was venturing in the pit waiting for an opponent until a cowboy jumped down. In a normal circumstance, this would've been a normal kill though out of the 20+ shots delivered, not one did damage (I'm a max archer in tribal with 40k+ output, while he's a level 25-30 in semi-decent gear.)

If you're wondering whether it was just an issue to solve with relogging, I tested that too and that didn't work. In short, any attack that involves an arrow (arrow spray or regular attacks) doesn't count. (Yes that means the orb attack and the razor guard skill does work as intended).

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Thanks for the bug post. I found the issue for electric damage, I've found the issue and will have it fixed in the next update.

As for the no arrow damage, I thought I'd fixed this bug last Friday. Which platform are you playing on? Also, you are saying that arrows are NEVER doing any damage to other players in PVP? Or only sometimes not doing damage? (Also if anyone else is reading, can you confirm this is true as well?)

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm
Thanks for the bug post. I found the issue for electric damage, I've found the issue and will have it fixed in the next update.

As for the no arrow damage, I thought I'd fixed this bug last Friday. Which platform are you playing on? Also, you are saying that arrows are NEVER doing any damage to other players in PVP? Or only sometimes not doing damage? (Also if anyone else is reading, can you confirm this is true as well?)
I can't confirm for archers, but I've noticed that grenades very rarely do damage to enemies. It even appears that the enemy is right next to or ontop of the grenade, and it still will not take any damage from it. Perhaps this is a similar issue?

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Hmm, I just double checked and from my test grenade explosions seemed to be damaged as they should. Unless there is another bug somehow going on that wasn't happening for me though. That being said, I will go ahead and increase grenade damage range a hair though.

Astin

Post by Astin » Tue May 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm

From pvp over the past few days, yes, damage has never been dealt with both normal and spray attacks. (I run on Mobile through a Samsung)

Astin

Post by Astin » Tue May 11, 2021 3:30 pm

I could record a trial using my alt if you'd like

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 11, 2021 4:16 pm

Ok, I did just double check and arrow damage worked for me. Are you trying to attack another player that is in the same guild? Current, attacking other guild members is disabled, as to slightly encourage guild vs guild fights. So if you are trying to shoot at another player in the same guild, the arrow will simply bounce off. Is this perhaps the issue?

Astin

Post by Astin » Tue May 11, 2021 4:43 pm

I'm not in a guild at all

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue May 11, 2021 7:12 pm

Ok strange. Would you be able to send a video if possible?

(also, is anyone else also having this problem?)