I think I may have potentially figured out the enemy bug?

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Jakub34

I think I may have potentially figured out the enemy bug?

Post by Jakub34 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:27 pm

I'm thinking this is very similar to the coin bug, where if your internet dies while you pick up a coin, then the coin does not disappear. Anyways, I was killing a stalagmite and I noticed that the enemies froze. I go to check my internet and surprise surprise the router decided it was going to disconnect me. (I need to move the thing closer) I reconnected to the router and I noticed that a coin dropped, but the enemy did not disappear. I hit the stalagmite and it was taking no damage. A few seconds later another one spawned, and I was able to hit that one.

A few problems with this is that I did not ask anyone around if they could see the enemy, and that when I came back to the area a few minutes later, it was gone. I don't think everyone left the area, because there were a lot of people, and I do not recall these enemies disappearing until everyone has left the area, so it is possible it could have been a visual issue on my end.

Also, there's a rounding error in the devastating crit description. It's showing 9.9999999% instead of 10%.

Robby
Site Admin

Re: I think I may have potentially figured out the enemy bug?

Post by Robby » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:08 pm

Ah, thanks for the information. I did just see something a few days ago with how I have something set up that may make sense with this. If your game would fail to receive a message from the server stating that an enemy was hit, the enemy's health would become out of sync and thus it would not be able to be killed once it was already actually killed. So perhaps if you lost wifi signal and failed to receive one of those messages from the server this could happen.

Although.... I would think if you lost wifi signal that your game should disconnect you. And I would also think that it shouldn't technically be possible to "miss" a message. So I'm not entirely sure if these things make sense... But who knows. Anyway, I'll have a small change with it in the next update, so we'll see if it makes any difference.

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:21 pm

if you're on a different tab while someone else kills mobs, they won't dissapear, but your client side will still think they exist, thus creating a ghost mob

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:22 pm

@swagybob I just gave that a shot and that didn't seem to be the case. Are you sure about that?

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:57 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:22 pm
@swagybob I just gave that a shot and that didn't seem to be the case. Are you sure about that?
Yes, It happens to me when I've been on a different tab like discord for a while, and then I come back and there will be some ghost monsters. It could be a coincidence, but I'm confident that that's when it happens to me