Auroch Beetle Teleporting

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Flashlight237
Auroch Beetle Teleporting

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:46 pm

Not sure why that hadn't been brought up yet. Auroch Beetles, from what I had seen, had teleported more frequently than other monsters. It could be because its size, along with its speed (it's the first monster that can outspeed players), wasn't something the game was ready for yet (which was the same reason why monsters from Lotus Eyes onward had teleportation issues in HH).

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Auroch Beetle Teleporting

Post by Robby » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:33 pm

Ok thanks for the report. Do you notice this happening everytime, or only sometimes? Also, is there any specific spot in the area that the teleporting happens more often, or is it more or less everywhere?

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:33 pm
Ok thanks for the report. Do you notice this happening everytime, or only sometimes? Also, is there any specific spot in the area that the teleporting happens more often, or is it more or less everywhere?
1. Most of the time it happened.
2. It's more or less everywhere; then again, they only spawn in the northern half of the area. The rest of the area is just dead cars and trashed road.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 am

Robby wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:33 pm
Okay, so I got more information on the issue. It is indeed happening everywhere in the place where Auroch Beetles spawned. I decided to ride a Scorpee into Auroch Beetle territory (which was doable thanks to an out-of-bounds trick you can do with the Scorpee) and it was struggling just to get off the trashed road and make it to the beetles. There were only two players besides me in that area, both who are archers. For comparison, I took a Scorpee to Alion City and counted all the players there. There were six or seven players in Alion City at the time I rode the Scorpee into the area, one who was a mage with a fully-upgraded force field that ultimately killed my test-Scorpee with a Storm Cloud.

Also, when I took the Scorpee into the caves, everything was fine there too. There was only a single Wrangler-set gunman in the second cave area (#40), and that place is the most densely-populated area in the game in terms of monsters. Bear in mind, at the time, it appeared as if every single Batling that can spawn was in the map at the time, and coins were littered everywhere because people can't be bothered to clean up after themselves.

In the first cave area (#38), I rode my Scorpee through the area until, of course, it got killed by a stray Storm Cloud. At the time, the area was rife with players. This was the minimum I got including myself.: http://prntscr.com/104cvxm

I dunno why anyone would grind there; Stalagmites still don't drop Duality Back Shields despite being 3.3x as tanky as Grunts, but still, you get the idea. Bear in mind, this was all done on desktop, which is usually more stable than the browser versions of the game.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:55 pm

Got some more info. So I took an Auroch Beetle to Alion City and decided to test its movement. From what I've gathered, it teleports when I'm off the beetle (in which case the game would see the beetle as an enemy); however, when I'm riding the beetle, the beetle's position remains stable regardless of where its at or what I do. I'm thinking it's gotta be something to do with their unstable AI.

MAGA

Post by MAGA » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:53 pm

Seems to really on lag and teleport them when there's more than one person in the area, when i'm alone there everything is fine. Also fix the out of bounds under the bridge in area 60 so that some people, not gonna name anyone, will stop knocking them out and going afk preventing anyone from grinding there.