Storm Cloud Without Cooldown

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Artemis

Re: Storm Cloud Without Cooldown

Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Ye, wizard's storm cloud needs a nerf for sure. As an old wizard hybrid, magic breath and protection field should be able to carry the class after this nerf.
Goddess of the hunt

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Yep storm cloud needs either a cooldown or only have 1 or 2 active at once, Mages can literally just run around putting up infinite storm clouds and 1 shot everything as soon as it spawns...

Shimoru

Post by Shimoru » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:44 pm

I made a lot of people mad on that map haha. I don't see many mages, but I don't see most people play that way. A slight increase to cooldown is fine but don't think it needs to be 5 secs.

We're much weaker than other classes and squishier so the AOE and ability to cast multiple helps us compete. An archer and warrior can still one shot an enemy before the clouds trigger, hence why I needed to cast so many and only for that tanky enemy. Also is a large MP/money drain that other classes don't have to worry about.

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:31 pm

Shimoru wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:44 pm
I made a lot of people mad on that map haha. I don't see many mages, but I don't see most people play that way. A slight increase to cooldown is fine but don't think it needs to be 5 secs.

We're much weaker than other classes and squishier so the AOE and ability to cast multiple helps us compete. An archer and warrior can still one shot an enemy before the clouds trigger, hence why I needed to cast so many and only for that tanky enemy. Also is a large MP/money drain that other classes don't have to worry about.
Dude i am currently strongest warrior here and i can only one shot it if i use a skill-it also drains my MP-20 points for each hit, also i have to walk nearby every one enemy to kill it, facing taking damage and being pushed away. Mages can simply cast as many clouds as they want, use field to aviod any damage and they last really long so it can kill multiple mobs at one use.

Shimoru

Post by Shimoru » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:42 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:31 pm
Shimoru wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:44 pm

Dude i am currently strongest warrior here and i can only one shot it if i use a skill-it also drains my MP-20 points for each hit, also i have to walk nearby every one enemy to kill it, facing taking damage and being pushed away. Mages can simply cast as many clouds as they want, use field to aviod any damage and they last really long so it can kill multiple mobs at one use.
That's fair and valid. I believe warriors need a buff from what I've seen/read on here. To better put things in perspective, I am only level 41 and that area is not necessarily intended for me. I think a level 60 or higher mage wouldn't produce the spam people complain about.

As far as damage, I'm curious, about how much do they do to you? The field does only last one hit for me so against multiple stacked or fast mobs, I am still in danger (insert ralph wiggum meme).

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Usually 4HP so if i wanna kill few of them i loose a lot of health-even one can damage me multiple times if i can't kill him instantly coz they are really fast. Also i wear newest set so why you even wanna compare me to you if i am a lot higher lvl than you?

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:46 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:55 pm
Yep storm cloud needs either a cooldown or only have 1 or 2 active at once, Mages can literally just run around putting up infinite storm clouds and 1 shot everything as soon as it spawns...
That's exactly my reasoning for the Storm Clouds. Why would we want mages to just camp in the caves and the beetles with it?

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:46 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
That's exactly my reasoning for the Storm Clouds. Why would we want mages to just camp in the caves and the beetles with it?
In fact why anyone wants any class to camp any location?

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:46 pm
CrazyVanilla wrote:
Yep I was in caves earlier (I am an archer) and a mage was there and he just setup a ton of clouds and I literally couldn't even get 1 hit in because he killed everything as soon as it spawned. Even if I spammed homing arrows the clouds would kill it before my arrows got there

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Bump