About the "loading" glitch

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
cinos
About the "loading" glitch

Post by cinos » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:16 am

I dunno what the universal name for that glitch that crashes the game is right now but this one time I think I might've found another cause.
While previously I said it is probably related to EXP due to it always happening after grinding for a while, which is still a valid explanation, NOW just a few minutes ago I found out that it may be related to the money value changing. See, I didn't kill many enemies at all, I went to Alion just fine, killed nothing, but I withdrew 1k and spent it on food at the burger shop, and then when I left the glitch occured, no enemies killed, but many items bought, altering the money value.
This makes sense on my end especially since as a warrior ya almost always collect the money enemies drop after you kill them, but I need to ask if any archers that don't particularly collect money experience this glitch as often, as in, all the time? I'm still leaning torwards it being either an exp or a money issue, aka I'm certain that it's somehow connected to a number value and not time spent playing like what some people might think. You can leave the game on for hours and you'll be able to leave areas just fine, but grinding will cause this way too often. Another aspect that supports this is that it happens less often with new players who are grinding on weak monsters with low money/exp, definitely didn't happen when I killed those green balls at the start of the game.
So, there ya go, yet another dreaded "infinite loading glitch" thread, hope it's got useful info cause god I'm so tired of restarting the tab just to get back to grinding.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

CrazyVanilla

Re: About the "loading" glitch

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:09 pm

cinos wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:16 am
I dunno what the universal name for that glitch that crashes the game is right now but this one time I think I might've found another cause.
While previously I said it is probably related to EXP due to it always happening after grinding for a while, which is still a valid explanation, NOW just a few minutes ago I found out that it may be related to the money value changing. See, I didn't kill many enemies at all, I went to Alion just fine, killed nothing, but I withdrew 1k and spent it on food at the burger shop, and then when I left the glitch occured, no enemies killed, but many items bought, altering the money value.
This makes sense on my end especially since as a warrior ya almost always collect the money enemies drop after you kill them, but I need to ask if any archers that don't particularly collect money experience this glitch as often, as in, all the time? I'm still leaning torwards it being either an exp or a money issue, aka I'm certain that it's somehow connected to a number value and not time spent playing like what some people might think. You can leave the game on for hours and you'll be able to leave areas just fine, but grinding will cause this way too often. Another aspect that supports this is that it happens less often with new players who are grinding on weak monsters with low money/exp, definitely didn't happen when I killed those green balls at the start of the game.
So, there ya go, yet another dreaded "infinite loading glitch" thread, hope it's got useful info cause god I'm so tired of restarting the tab just to get back to grinding.
If you are referring to the glitch where you enter a new area and the area doesn't load forcing you to refresh, I experience it quite often. I believe there is a chance it is caused by the "inventory glitch", where after playing for a while you can't open certain menus or click on items that are in your inventory. Everytime that glitch happens to me and I try to switch areas, I get the "infinite loading" glitch as well, I don't remember it happening without the "inventory glitch" being active as well.

As for why the "inventory glitch" happens, well I have no idea, It could be because of money like you mentioned or something else. @Robby

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Thanks for the info! I also forgot to make a post about the desktop version. My question regarding it, is have you (or anyone else reading this) also has the loading bug occur on the desktop version, or is it only the web version? I've had a few people tell me it only happens for them on the web version.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:24 pm
Thanks for the info! I also forgot to make a post about the desktop version. My question regarding it, is have you (or anyone else reading this) also has the loading bug occur on the desktop version, or is it only the web version? I've had a few people tell me it only happens for them on the web version.
I haven't played on the desktop version yet, only on web version so I'm not sure about that. But I have played on multiple different browsers and It happens on them all, if that helps at all (I've tried Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Chrome)

GeraltOfRivia

Post by GeraltOfRivia » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:30 pm

Robby wrote:
Nope that bug doesn't happen for me as well on desktop version.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:13 pm

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:30 pm
Robby wrote:
Nope that bug doesn't happen for me as well on desktop version.
Update to my response: I downloaded desktop version and played for a little bit on it. Not a ton of time, but enough to where the glitch usually happens to me on web version, and It did not happen on desktop version. At least not yet.

cinos

Post by cinos » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:42 pm

CrazyVanilla wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:09 pm
cinos wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:16 am
If you are referring to the glitch where you enter a new area and the area doesn't load forcing you to refresh, I experience it quite often. I believe there is a chance it is caused by the "inventory glitch", where after playing for a while you can't open certain menus or click on items that are in your inventory. Everytime that glitch happens to me and I try to switch areas, I get the "infinite loading" glitch as well, I don't remember it happening without the "inventory glitch" being active as well.

As for why the "inventory glitch" happens, well I have no idea, It could be because of money like you mentioned or something else. @Robby
Yeah that's the thing, I don't think they are two seperate bugs, they are one and the same. Once the game reaches a certain threshold (aka when you grind too much and get enough exp or coins, whichever of the two is causing this), it will break most menus, if they open at all, and the game will crash upon leaving an area, leaving you with an infinite loading screen. This is always how it happens, so I am 100% sure they are the same thing.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:27 pm

Not sure if anyone else wants to test this out but, I seem to not experience this glitch when using non-upgraded gear. I'm not 100% positive on this yet but, it seems like the game works just fine ever since I switched gear. I also did try to switch back to upgraded gear in pvp, and I did end up getting the glitch. This may explain why I seem to never get the glitch while I'm on an alt or a new account.

For now, i'll continue grinding without upgraded stuff and see if I can get it to occur.
Goddess of the hunt

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Thanks for the information so far folks!

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:43 pm

Also important to note, the bug seems to only happen in the browser version of Eliatopia. I haven't had it happen on the desktop version of Eliatopia.