ngl this game is a technical mess

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
cinos
ngl this game is a technical mess

Post by cinos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:15 am

I couldn't think of a better title, but it's true, I've got several nasty bugs that just ruin the player experience, especially for newcomers, indeed nobody's gonna play the game past the first few minutes due to these unless they've got an HH bias.
First off, the first few times I tried playing the game, it would spawn me in limbo, total darkness, my character floating in the air, falling, like some kinda Kingdom Hearts game over screen. I had to restart several times, happened on both newgrounds and the main website, but mostly on newgrounds. For some reason it has stopped happening for me, but considering the fact that it was happening even after the january 15th update, I think I'm just getting lucky, so PLEASE look at that.
Second, after killing enemies for a while, the menu just crashes. What do I mean by that? Well you can open the character menu properly, you can open the item menu but you cannot interact with your items (which has gotten me killed numerous times because I cannot eat fruit, because there's not even a hotkey function, PLEASE add that, pretty basic feature but that's beside the point). The map doesn't open, the settings don't open, the eliapedia doesn't open, and the payvault doesn't open either. Seriously this happens ALL the god dang time! Infact, here's a fun bit of info, whenever you die when the menu crashes, you cannot go into another area, the game just crashes while loading! So, if you die, you click revive and you're stuck in a loading screen, you restart the game, and spawn with full health but no money lost. NOW I got your attention, eh?
Third...I dunno, the rest of the stuff that bothers me aren't bugs so...please fix these, they are obnoxious and ruin the game experience for anyone who doesn't feel like playing bug tester that day. That first bug genuinely left a bad taste in my mouth, I had to spend atleast two days trying to get the game to work. If it wasn't a guy who knew about HH and wanted to play this because of that, they wouldn't even bother, they'd just say the game's broken and walk right over it, but can you really blame them?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Savage0

Re: ngl this game is a technical mess

Post by Savage0 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:33 am

There is a hotkey feature ..... it's either "," or "." on your keyboard/laptop (one being for HP, and one for MP items), and about the other stuff ..... pretty sure that's a problem on your side, or maybe this update did mess up a few things. Well hopefully your problems can be resolved.
KONO DIA DA!

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:40 am

Savage0 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:33 am
There is a hotkey feature ..... it's either "," or "." on your keyboard/laptop (one being for HP, and one for MP items), and about the other stuff ..... pretty sure that's a problem on your side, or maybe this update did mess up a few things. Well hopefully your problems can be resolved.
I've reached level 31 and I've only JUST found out? Jeez, now I feel dumb...yet again, it's never told as far as I know, and you cannot assign specific items to use with it as far as I know so...what gives?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:36 pm

Not sure why the falling into abyss would be happening. You say it only happens directly after you create a new character? In other words, you click "continue" on the second cutscene (the space pod cutscene) and then next thing it shows your character falling? Do you see the green area for a brief second, and it places you under the floor or something? I tested and it seems to be working fine for me, but maybe it's a rare bug related to the time/order things are loading. Either way, I'd like to get it fixed.

Yes there are hotkeys, although I admit there is nowhere that tells you this yet.

As for that annoying loading issue, it is an issue I've heard some players are having. I'm still unsure why it is happening and it seems like it might be some sort of issue inside the game engine, but I'm still having trouble knowing for sure as I've only had it happen once for me. I'm hoping to release the desktop version of the game soon, and once it does it will help me know if the issue happens in desktop or not. If it doesn't, then I can know it is a browser only issue. For now, if you have any more info on this bug, or if you notice anything in particular that is causing it, just let me know in this post or another on the forum.

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:36 pm
Not sure why the falling into abyss would be happening. You say it only happens directly after you create a new character? In other words, you click "continue" on the second cutscene (the space pod cutscene) and then next thing it shows your character falling? Do you see the green area for a brief second, and it places you under the floor or something? I tested and it seems to be working fine for me, but maybe it's a rare bug related to the time/order things are loading. Either way, I'd like to get it fixed.

Yes there are hotkeys, although I admit there is nowhere that tells you this yet.

As for that annoying loading issue, it is an issue I've heard some players are having. I'm still unsure why it is happening and it seems like it might be some sort of issue inside the game engine, but I'm still having trouble knowing for sure as I've only had it happen once for me. I'm hoping to release the desktop version of the game soon, and once it does it will help me know if the issue happens in desktop or not. If it doesn't, then I can know it is a browser only issue. For now, if you have any more info on this bug, or if you notice anything in particular that is causing it, just let me know in this post or another on the forum.
Well for the first one, the first time I played the game it worked just fine, later on I quit a level or two in because I got kinda bored at the time, basically I had already watched the intro cutscene. Then, after I picked up the game again after a while, it just started spawning me in the abyss. I wish I knew what caused it but that just happened. It's no longer happening to me specifically but it might genuinely be a thing happening to other players.

The loading issue has some consistent actions that trigger it. Now I'm not 100% sure but it always seems to happen after I grind for a while, and specifically when I kill a lot of enemies. Whenever I do not kill enemies the menus do not crash and I can move onto the next area properly. That might mean it's linked to experience or enemies in some way, yes?
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Ah ok. So you mean the abyss bug wasn't happening after creating a new account, but after signing into an existing account?

Ok, that seems to be what players are reporting. You don't notice anything in particular with it only happening in certain areas do you?

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:12 pm
Ah ok. So you mean the abyss bug wasn't happening after creating a new account, but after signing into an existing account?

Ok, that seems to be what players are reporting. You don't notice anything in particular with it only happening in certain areas do you?
Probably? Maybe it's because I was logging into an account that hadn't gotten the first flashback cutscene? I really don't know, I was only in the abyss until one day I got lucky and managed to get it to launch where I left it, at area 1.

Also, no, it's probably not linked to specific areas, it just happens whenever I kill a buncha enemies, so I'm pretty sure it's linked to the enemies themselves in some way.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:58 pm

Ok thanks for the info, I'll keep an ear out for any players having the abyss issue. Fortunately, I haven't heard of it happening for many other players though.

As for the loading menu bug, thanks for the info too. I hope to have the desktop version out soon that will hopefully make tracking that bug a little bit easier.

cinos

Post by cinos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:03 pm

No problemo, anything to help iron the game out and make it more accessible.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

JoMan2

Post by JoMan2 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:13 am

cinos wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:03 pm
No problemo, anything to help iron the game out and make it more accessible.
Ur first post lmfao