Inventory Bug

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
Robby
Site Admin
Re: Inventory Bug

Post by Robby » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Ah, dang! I really thought I was on to something.

Thanks for the short video gif! Hmm, I'm not seeing any errors in there in particular that is sticking out. This is really weird.

On another note, I did try to install Adblocker and test the game, and finaaaally, I was able to get the bug to happen for me when testing in the browser. As you've mentioned though, I'm not sure if it was related to Adblocker or not, since you said you disabled it and it still happened for you. I tried to reload and get it to happen again, but I wasn't able to. When I got it to happen though, there were some errors in that log that might be related to the bug. I'll make a few minor changes to some code and see if it fixes it for the next patch. It's a shot in the dark though, so I'm not super confident it will fix it.

This is a pretty hard to fix bug since it only seems to happen in the browser for me (when developing the game, I develop in on a desktop version not the browser version. And the fact that it doesn't happen until playing for a while. I also have a feeling it may be a bug inside the Unity game engine code. And if that's the case, then it's a bug the Unity developers need to fix, not something I can likely fix. Anyway, I'll keep trying to collect info on this and hopefully with the help of you the players, I can figure it out.

Just curious, if you test on Firefox or another browser, does it seem to happen still?

Aletheia

Post by Aletheia » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Robby wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:28 pm
Just curious, if you test on Firefox or another browser, does it seem to happen still?
I usually use Chrome, I tried on Firefox today, and this bug pop up too :/ (I don't have Adblock on Firefox).
Aletheia

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Ok so sounds like Adblock is definitely ruled out then. We'll wait till the next patch it released and see if the small code changes make any difference.

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:00 pm

Pretty much had this happen immediately after I got into the game. Could only open the inventory and character menu. Got an infinite loading screen after changing areas. Adblock was disabled, and I was using Google Chrome.

Also, not sure if this one is a bug, but if you click the population button on the map, you cannot revert it to the other option. Closing the menu does fix it.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:10 pm

Hmm, that inventory bug I think might be different than the other bug being mentioned here. Was there something that triggered them to all be white? Is it still happening, or just a one time thing?

Hmm, yes currently once you click the population button you'll need to re-open the map to go back. If I get enough requests maybe I'll make a button to go back, but at the moment not sure how much that's really needed.

Jakub34

Post by Jakub34 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:14 pm

Robby wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:10 pm
Hmm, that inventory bug I think might be different than the other bug being mentioned here. Was there something that triggered them to all be white? Is it still happening, or just a one time thing?
I closed my inventory and then opened it up a few seconds later and saw that everything was like that. I'll have to keep playing around to see if it will happen again.

Edit* I wonder if it could be like the item bug and be a possible error with internet connection. I did notice that after I clicked log in, it took like 10-15 seconds for the game to load.

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Ok, strange. If you get any more info about how to make it happen, just let me know!