Mage forcefield jumping

Talk about any unintentional game issues here.
CrazyVanilla
Mage forcefield jumping

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:45 pm

So the mage forcefield allows players to get bounced around by grenades and exploding smash. It can be used to bypass gates and get "out of bounds". Basically, all you have todo is activate the mage forcefield and you will get thrown around by grenades and exploding smash.

Robby
Site Admin

Re: Mage forcefield jumping

Post by Robby » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:33 pm

Ok thanks. I'm just a little confused. Could you still do this without the forcefield, or is the forcefield needed to be able to get thrown around by the grenades and such?

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 pm

Robby wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:33 pm
Ok thanks. I'm just a little confused. Could you still do this without the forcefield, or is the forcefield needed to be able to get thrown around by the grenades and such?
You can still be pushed around without it, but when the forcefield is active, its multiplied by A LOT. Like with the forcefield on, you can get shot up in the air extremely high to bypass pretty much any barrier, whereas without it, you just get pushed around a little bit and can't really bypass anything.

Kentrassi

Post by Kentrassi » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:55 pm

Noooooo

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Nooooo.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:52 pm

I can't say this is a bug, it's more of a physics engine thing, happening due to the round shape of the shield. I wouldn't bother finding a solution if it wasn't for the incredibly hard time wizards have getting on koth, I think that alone would warrant something amongst the lines of turning off the shield's collision, or making the hitbox square...perhaps even making the shield heavier? idk.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

C0ck

Post by C0ck » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:55 am

Poor people at cortex that will have to resort to THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

or alts…

Pro_xGamer

Post by Pro_xGamer » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:36 am

Noooooooooo that thing have LOGIC and i like when thigs works wiTH logic
The only pro player in America sweating in Eliatopia

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:25 pm

Ok thanks for the info. I'm still not entirely sure what is happening or why it would be happening. I don't believe the forcefield should have any collision enabled. Unless there is something I'm not aware of.

CrazyVanilla

Post by CrazyVanilla » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:32 pm

Robby wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:25 pm
Ok thanks for the info. I'm still not entirely sure what is happening or why it would be happening. I don't believe the forcefield should have any collision enabled. Unless there is something I'm not aware of.
It definitely does. You would be able to see it if you just activated the forcefield and had some grenades explode next to you from another player / an alt (also works with exploding smash too). You would see that with the forcefield active you bounce around much more than players normally do, and because of that you can bypass barriers and things by positioning your character a certain way from the explosion (for example, have grenades explode under you for you to jump high). I can get a video of it as well if that would help you see exactly how it's done, but I won't be able to get that until later on.