Why is there so many philipino players?

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
cinos
Re: Why is there so many philipino players?

Post by cinos » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:45 pm

mikel wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:06 pm
cinos wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:43 pm
See, this IS an unexplained phenomenon, it always happens, like Gmod is mostly played by Russians, Counter Strike 1.6 by Turks and Poles, League of Legends and Shakes and Fidget by Greeks, PUBG by the Chinese etc etc.
See, it's usually just that games are played by people, those people share it to their friends, said friends to their other friends and so forth and so forth. Sometimes a game just HAPPENS to appeal to a specific group of people because...well, they found out about it in it's infancy and it became a staple of their culture's gaming scene (usually cause for most it's easier to speak in their native language than english). It's not some kind of crypto scheme or any of that weird poop (even if some people do unironically treat coins as crypto lmao), it's just a coincidence that happens, let's not ever ban the pinoys again, they aren't "all hackers", you just see the majority of the playerbase and assume their nationality is the reason they're hacking, even back when I was a kid I could notice that something didn't tick right. Maybe instead of doing that we could focus on not letting people spot, spotting is for degenerates, thanks for listening to my TEDtalk.
Thank you :)

Ppl still rooting for ph to get banned tho when ppl like me exist (im ph lol)
Kinda sucked i didn't get to play hh for about 4 years just because the people here scam and do hacks and poop.
I got through by a vpn tho, but it wasn't really the 4k 60fps hd experience :v
Yeah trust me it's really unfair to say "pinoys are hackers and scammers" when the only REASON that's what it looks like is because they are literally the majority of players. Robby locked the PH, we still had hackers, scammers, dupers, and especially spotters. It didn't do jack poop, it just alienated the majority of players who didn't know how to use vpns. IRONICALLY if you were a pinoy who got your already existing account hacked by some non pinoy player, you wouldn't be able to make a new one because of the lock, it's dumb :p
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Sogeking

Post by Sogeking » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:18 am

cinos wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:43 pm
See, this IS an unexplained phenomenon, it always happens, like Gmod is mostly played by Russians, Counter Strike 1.6 by Turks and Poles, League of Legends and Shakes and Fidget by Greeks, PUBG by the Chinese etc etc.
See, it's usually just that games are played by people, those people share it to their friends, said friends to their other friends and so forth and so forth. Sometimes a game just HAPPENS to appeal to a specific group of people because...well, they found out about it in it's infancy and it became a staple of their culture's gaming scene (usually cause for most it's easier to speak in their native language than english). It's not some kind of crypto scheme or any of that weird poop (even if some people do unironically treat coins as crypto lmao), it's just a coincidence that happens, let's not ever ban the pinoys again, they aren't "all hackers", you just see the majority of the playerbase and assume their nationality is the reason they're hacking, even back when I was a kid I could notice that something didn't tick right. Maybe instead of doing that we could focus on not letting people spot, spotting is for degenerates, thanks for listening to my TEDtalk.
Thank youu so muchhh for pointing these things out especially the part about "assuming they're hacking because they are filipino". Yes its true a majority of filipino players are toxic or hackers but not all of us are so thanksss for really pointing these things out:< im filipino btw

Swagybob

Post by Swagybob » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:33 pm

yeah, cinos explained it very well