the desktop game has a virus

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
NoName
the desktop game has a virus

Post by NoName » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:05 pm

apparently my antivirus detects this type of virus when installing the game for desktop, check it out for yourself.
Attachments
huh...PNG
huh...PNG (3.06KiB)Viewed 281 times

NoName

Re: the desktop game has a virus

Post by NoName » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:05 pm

If I'm wrong, let me know immediately please

~

Post by ~ » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:37 pm

This game doesn't have a virus I would assume it recognizes the client and thinks of it as some kind of *virus* but its completely harmless. its a browser game so your not downloading it to your computer. You will be 100 percent fine.
Face Your Fears Before They Consume You

Robby
Site Admin

Post by Robby » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:38 pm

It doesn't contain any virus, but I understand if you don't want to install it currently.

I'm going to have to take tomorrow and see if I can submit it for app review by microsoft or something so it doesn't keep flagging it as that. So right now you'll can either:

A. Ignore the virus warning, or..
B. Wait until I find a way to get microsoft to stop claiming false positives for a virus, and you'll just have to play the web version for now.

Either way, the game is safe, but I understand if you are worried.

~

Post by ~ » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:39 pm

What could be the case though is you might just have a virus on your comeputer allready and its masking itself as something else so I would just decide to clean your computer anyways you should ever month to keep your computer up and running hope this helps

~

Post by ~ » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 pm

**SORRY my first post on here I was ill informed I forgot we where talking about the *desktop* version not browser version virtually all .exe file types are seen as *virus trojan malware* to anti virus software because that file type usually is used to make viruses so a lot of people will hide a virus or a trojan in a .exe file but like robby said above he doesnt have a trojan *OBVIOUSLY* on his game client download you are safe just say keep file anyway and download it. And if you still arnt sure just run a scan on the file but yeah your pc is 100 percent safe*

KrmaL

Post by KrmaL » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:26 pm

ohhh okay thanks for the help robby