make eliatopia more pvp based Robert(essay)

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
pit_spectator
Re: make eliatopia more pvp based Robert(essay)

Post by pit_spectator » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:21 pm

TheWood wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:03 pm
pit_spectator wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:48 am
TheWood wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:05 am
PvP in eliatopia is better than in helmet games. I think you won't be able to do as good of movements as in eliatopia and your movements are greatly restricted. I've been in PvP for a long time though and it's always not quite balanced. Adding resistances was a serious mistake. It literally increased the difference between players with different levels. Gives even more advantages to high level players, greatly debuffs poison runes, makes electric runes useless. I liked grinding in eliatopia at first, but then after adding new sets and upgrades farming increased hundreds of times and honestly it became very boring. Unless you have some kind of addiction you will soon stop farming a lot. Story was interesting. Probably the only reason I didn't quit sooner.. Unfortunately some players ignore story and just skip it.
it got bugged yunno it halts after chapter 4 idk ye i really want to watch it fr
Perhaps you missed someone in the red leaf hills or cave.
ye i was skipping to alion. I also try with new acc and do the intended thing of the game which yunno the red leaf to alion. but its still stuck on chapter 4 for some reason :cry:

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm

TheWood wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:05 am
PvP in eliatopia is better than in helmet games. I think you won't be able to do as good of movements as in eliatopia and your movements are greatly restricted. I've been in PvP for a long time though and it's always not quite balanced. Adding resistances was a serious mistake. It literally increased the difference between players with different levels. Gives even more advantages to high level players, greatly debuffs poison runes, makes electric runes useless. I liked grinding in eliatopia at first, but then after adding new sets and upgrades farming increased hundreds of times and honestly it became very boring. Unless you have some kind of addiction you will soon stop farming a lot. Story was interesting. Probably the only reason I didn't quit sooner.. Unfortunately some players ignore story and just skip it.
Almost my exact sentiment. Imo story was honestly the most impressive part and I would be very glad if Robby at least did something with HHR, doesn't have to be as dark, Eliatopia was one of a kind, I'd just like any kind of fun narrative, yknow?

Anyway, I think HHR pvp will eventually reach HHO pvp standards, with the fast movement and whatnot. Right now it's gimped due to speed not actually being added (it's always "100%" despite the characters still being slow), but once that and a couple other features are sorted out, I bet it might be even better than the pvp a lot of us grew up with.
Eliatopia pvp is inherently different due to being isometric, it was like Quake in an MMO. HHR carries a lot of good things about it (actually decent healing due to item stacking in the menu for one), but it can never truly be replaced; not only due to it's mechanics, but it's atmosphere. The woods in Eliatopia were supposed to be this cruel wasteland, the pit especially as you know, while in Helmet Heroes PVP is just inherently more laid back, like...yknow, sparring, a competition, while in Eliatopia you could genuinely act like a guild and declare war on lone wolves or other guilds by blocking the path. It felt like a world, that can't be replicated unless HHR stops being HHR, and I don't think we need to do that, you agree I bet.

...yknow unless he adds....another PVP area? That'd be pretty fun, though it wouldn't quite work as a path between cities due to HHR's world being a flat 2D landscape where you can clearly only go physically up to "bypass" areas. As I said, impossible to replicate, these concepts only worked in Elia, they're it's magic.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

jimruler6

Post by jimruler6 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:47 am

ye elia atmosphere super immersive fr
i like how they slowly build up to the journal then finally saying goodbye to family at xantis there
story is excellent
the part where u get music wen u go to old house wether u like it or not also quite gud since means u get sad wen u go there like it or not;p
Bl op fr

pit_spectator

Post by pit_spectator » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:27 am

They should make koth in hhr too :0

jimruler6

Post by jimruler6 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:41 pm

shud decrease koth time fr 20k for 10 mins :skull: i mean is good for lower lvl players but high lvl... 2k a minute also high lvl is usually the ones winning pots since kill better
umm koth for hhr is like kina bad since hhr 2d so 2d fighting on 1 area....:skull:
Bl op fr