Robby Please hear this

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
Tufail
Robby Please hear this

Post by Tufail » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:39 am

Robby,

i have been playing this game since 2021 september and I have seen a lot of update,

but ive seen since 2022 december, u not updating it anymore....
well idk if u working on hh reborn but pls update eliatopia but i know u dont know what to update next and idk either :lol:

but keep going on hh reborn and pls make it playable on website like Eliatopia
im supporting on you Robby, but....
what is this
Image Image

the old character seems a bit better lol
anyway im supporting on u

Tufail

Re: Robby Please hear this

Post by Tufail » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:46 am

the new character seems naked 😮

troopas

Post by troopas » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:42 am

Tufail wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:39 am
Robby,

i have been playing this game since 2021 september and I have seen a lot of update,

well idk if u working on hh reborn but pls update eliatopia but i know u dont know what to update next and idk either :lol:

what is this
Image Image

I have tester access and I will say this: The new character model isn't half bad, and is really good. It's different, sure, but it's not worse.

cinos

Post by cinos » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:44 am

Trust me the avatars only look that ugly because of the odd ones used in the mockups. In reality, footage shows that the system is the most robust yet, basically making most design archetypes possible.

The real issue imo is the level up sound, it's the most freesound.org, baby bollocks you can find. He really should just use the classic Helmet Heroes level up sound, since it fits better with the general vibe of the sound design. He can try to change it up, but perhaps don't get a tryhard "WE'RE SO RETRO, LEVEL UP" chiptune from some budget site. It doesn't fit with the rest of the game's soundtrack or sound design, and I say this because Robby is usually quite consistent with such things. Eliatopia was very intentionally meant to have a 16-bit era vibe in it's soundtrack for example, and while not every song was like that, it never strayed too much outside the motif. Eliatopia's level up sound, even WITH this game-y sound vibe, was not a stale immitation of what a video game sounds like, it was something you might've heard on a Sega Genesis or PC-Engine, so you can see why it strikes me as odd when Robby goes from surprisingly satisfying sound design, to one that feels generic.

Like, I say this because first impressions are basically everything for the market he's trying to appeal to. Having such generic sounds be part of the main experience is jarring, it'll make people feel like Reborn is this cheap mobile game without any real character, because it won't be as easy to sell like us veteran players.

When I was a kid, the artstyle and sound design drew me into the game. With Eliatopia I had to warm up to it's weird but still unique art, but now I see a flaw that is more definitive than the rather subjective "the wood people look like south park canadians".
The fact THIS is my one true gripe with the game's direction should really tell you how good I think every other creative decision is. I mean, seamless loading? That's rather brilliant for immersion.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Tufail

Post by Tufail » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:20 am

troopas wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:42 am
Tufail wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:39 am
Robby,

what is this
Image Image

I have tester access and I will say this: The new character model isn't half bad, and is really good. It's different, sure, but it's not worse.
i mean.... im not saying it worse lol :lol:
it just looks naked ykwim ;)

jk

Hypers20

Post by Hypers20 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:57 am

bru bru bruuuu
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiKLKHlVoAQXhx2.jpg

Pro_xGamer

Post by Pro_xGamer » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:08 pm

bruh...