is this an error or was this purposely implemented?

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
potato4life
is this an error or was this purposely implemented?

Post by potato4life » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:55 am

i just noticed that the final set in the game didnt have backpacks, is this on purpose or did robby forget about it?
IMA POTATO

cinos

Re: is this an error or was this purposely implemented?

Post by cinos » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:23 am

See the problem is that you can't call it intentional, but neither can you call it an oversight. For some reason Robby just didn't bother with accessories. This is probably because of how accessories are usually designed. In Helmet Heroes, they were completely separate from the usual sets, moreso existing as just that, accessories. The best accessories were not part of a set, they were unique (the shells, the wings, ESPECIALLY the mecha wings, which were always my favorite). This changed when sets were beginning to become more expensive and singular. This is nothing new, the longer Robby makes an MMO for, the items get less and less frequent, and less and less varied. For Eliatopia, this started happening definitively around the Shroom Borough shop. Previously, there was always some incentive to experiment with accessories (i.e. Mechanical Wings gave you a lot of defense, but perhaps you want more damage so you look at the shells etc), but when the sets became more expensive, more of a big deal, they started getting homogenous too. There was no longer any accessory which was not designed specifically for one set. If you want to put the wretched armor's accessory to your archer for a boost in defense, well, enjoy looking horrid.

So, with that in mind (or not, you prolly didn't read that whole block of cheese), you can see why designing accessories can be a bit of a mess. Previously they were designed as exclusive things to be added ontop of armor, afterwards when they became legitimate progression items in Eliatopia, they slowly morphed into homogenous extensions of existing armor, and by the end, I'm going to guess that Robby did not give enough of a shιτ to design an accessory for the new armor sets, especially when the stat boost presents more problems than it's worth.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

potato4life

Re: is this an error or was this purposely implemented?

Post by potato4life » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:24 pm

ok thanks for telling me
IMA POTATO