Can I say something...

Talk about anything Eliatopia related.
cinos
Can I say something...

Post by cinos » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:34 am

...because I have had this in mind for months now. Like, since the day the request got approved, I had my doubts. Gave it a little bit of time, mostly being skeptical, and I've come to a predictable conclusion.

Global XP has made the game significantly worse. I don't care if I can cheap out and get some sweet overnight XP, it has legitimately made the game more of a burden than an actual fun thing I like doing. A lot of you will probably disagree (mostly the new guys who like joining guilds and getting to 80 in a day), but, really, I can't be the only one who has a gripe with this.

I said it when it got accepted, the price is bollocks, and it is 100% p2w. A lot of people felt like saying that robby needs money, something I clearly know and have tried appeasing to by buying emeralds whenever I can in my own economic state. I don't get how adding this 50 dollar idle factory feature is a good thing for the game. Sure, it got robby his money, it sold well at launch especially, and I'm glad he gets to pay the bills via the game, but the effect it has had on the game was making the last 3 years (approximately) of a decently balanced payvault, to have been for naught. Say it needed to happen for robby's financial stability, I don't care because I am not here to point the finger and call robby greedy or negligent. I am here to state why I hate it, whether or not it legitimately NEEDED to happen. If robby was at a financially unable spot in his life, I legitimately cannot blame him...but I can still make my point. I legitimately spent nothing to get global afterall, me and another member collaborated to get it when it launched...arguably the money aspect is the least of my problem.

Global XP is an almost intentionally coercive and addicting mechanic, made to make you play the game more and more, due to the fear of not only missing out on YOUR levels, but also those of your guild. Either as a leader trying to keep fifty people on board, or as a member trying to meet the quota, something many guilds have been adding alongside a reward (an entirely different, but opinionated issue, which I don't want to divulge with), the game is essentially controlling your schedule, not the other way around. You HAVE to keep the game on 24/7, you HAVE to grind daily, and it HAS to be for a long while, otherwise nobody is happy.

Previously, your progression was limited to YOUR time played, pure dedication and playtime. It is why "just play the game" was always my response to people asking how to reach a high level. Arguably, this was true in Helmet Heroes aswell, ignoring the books and pets, that game's guild system was simply the near exp share from this, allowing for actual teamwork and social interaction...INFACT, even the 3x guild coins and exp would be better than this, since, for as p2w as that was, it all depended on you, and it never made you feel like you had to keep the game on 24/7.

Nowadays, it's not about your personal growth, now you gotta keep the game on ALL the time, grind for all the people doing the same, for a LONG while. Keep the game on, wake up every day with it to greet you, probably with like a dozen or so DMs about some kids wanting to join at level 20, a few members leaving because you simply can't grind enough now that all your friends are either inactive, selling their accounts, naked, or bored, and some stuff in tagalog that I can't for the life of me understand. I am stepping into highly opinionated, subjective stuff here, but there is nothing worse than waking up, and having to look at this stupid, fvcking ui. There is nothing worse than trying to sleep, and hearing the notification sound BLARE your eardrums, because you can't turn the game off, and you can't turn the sound off because you'll probably miss something really important!

Oh wait, I can, but OH WAIT, I'll lose out on that experience that everyone is getting...that is my problem. The mechanic feels borderline intentionally predatory, like it forces you to play. There is no break from the game, because the most efficient way to play it is to leave it on 24 hours a day, and PLAY for most of those. You wanna play another game? Well, first off you'll be unable to grind, second, eliatopia will be sucking away resources if you even try.

What happens when you have to do the exact same thing every day, something you (presumably) already did every day out of enjoyment, but double? Well, you eventually get sick of it, you're burnt out. Around a year's worth of playing has basically meant nothing, as this new mechanic has sucked away the enjoyment I previously had. You start being spiteful, you don't even want to play the game, and suddenly it just crashes, but you don't even care about launching it again. I'm done with having the game on 24/7, watching over me, instead of me watching over it, atleast for now.

Saying it is just this that made me spiteful would be an understatement, real life events might have something to do with it afterall, but I can pinpoint the moment global xp got added as the day my enjoyment of the game started going downhill. Not because the rest of the game suffered, but because the structure of the game itself became intentionally coercive. No matter how good your game is to play, if it forces you to play it, then your game stops being fun and instead becomes a problem, a burden.

I know most people are going to look at this and think it's just another dumb, overly long rant. But, I assure you, I am not here to pinpoint blame, at this point it might just be a cry for help, since a game that means a lot to me has gone from being fun to just kinda being a routine waste of my time and resources, all because of a simple addition that imo ruined everything.

I have no idea how you'd be able to fix this, and I'm pretty sure most kids are mad at me for hating their "level 80 in a day" mechanic. I just REALLY wanted to say all this for a long while now, since I have basically kept my mouth shut since it got added. I'd say I "told you so", but I didn't tell you the game was going to become this much of a burden on me mentally, I couldn't possibly predict anything I described besides the monetary aspect... I WISH that was the only problem.

excuse me...
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Zeltonn

Re: Can I say something...

Post by Zeltonn » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:00 am

(LAST REPLY EVER)
Yes you are right and i might be too lazy to like... make a long ahh response like u. ive been hearing about lvl 100 players getting lvl 100 in atleast 4 or 2 days at that time. i mean the mechanic is basically broken. btw i didnt read everything because its like a friggin essay. its a broken ahh mechanic that either needs monitering or fixing idk. hope anyone agrees even though i dont any1 to remember me or atleast return to this comment, cinos, in general. you made a point and i hope it gets monitered atleast
Rip TechnoBlade

we_can

Post by we_can » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:14 am

THANK YOU

I've been saying this for a while. At first, I could understand that Robby needed to pay bills and I thought it would be just as useful/useless as boosting in hh (you can grind normally and get the same output). Turns out, it's almost the opposite of what I thought.

I agree with the overall statement but not for the same reasons. I agree, I feel like my years worth of work has gone into the trash because you can literally gain the same amount of do as I did in a day. Leveling is no longer dependent on your personal dedication as you said, but on if you have a device, charger, and if you can get into a guild. I do agree that this addition has also made me enjoy the game less. All my hours have practically been wasted and that gives me no motivation to play the game.

I disagree that it forces to to play the game. You can literally leech in a week and gain so much XP. You don't have to grind that much (as a higher lvl player) to be able to stay in the guild and leech. If you're and alt or have connections, you will barely even have to grind. You could say "oh, you're not active enough to know guild con reqs or not even in a top guild yourself", but it's so obvious. I can literally see by clicking on a players profile, and comparing their kills rank to levels rank.

Yes, I don't really see a real solution to this besides lowering the amount of XP global gives. I think global XP promotes laziness and p2w (how else are you gonna buy top sets without grinding). I would go as far to say global XP actually makes players not play the game how it was intended to be played; by grinding.

Maybe the solution to this could be a different addition to the game that helps negate global, but I don't really see a real solution. Most people are gonna go apesh!t if global gets nerfed. I see this as a lose lose situation, so I hope Robby picks his poison well.

Edit: Only benefit I see to global XP is that there are less botters because, well, you have to admit that afking in a top guild is way way faster than botting anywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmblXu9kpizGeIwMNLHWPvQ

og warrior

Stormzy

Post by Stormzy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:34 am

As much as i do like Global XP. It has made this game so much worse since the day it was added. Like you said, getting overnight exp is nice but everything around it is just not good. One being the price. The price is awful and the fact it has never changed has honestly surprised me a tiny bit. Sure robby needs his money but its a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a game like this. and Sure its nice seeing guilds grow because of it but it also destroyed some Major Guilds and the legacy of them (Such as Karma). But by adding this for so much money is mental, he already is making somewhat decent money off of emes for everything else and prob hh if people still buy tix in it.

and i agree with you talking about the 3x guild money would be better. the Global Exp factor sucks for a ton of people and this includes the lower lvls wanting to join those guilds. Cus like there is 0 fun in just sitting around all day and getting from lvl 1-80. That mechanic has been boring since day 1.
If it kept was in the same area then that would be okay. But Global is just way too much especially for a game like this

If the game was still based on your playtime and not the games playtime it would be light years better.

cinos i applaud you for saying something on it because we needed someone too, no one has said anything since it got added (Except for maybe we_can but i cant remember). But yeah, anyway. i shall stop at that

troopas

Post by troopas » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:36 am

Not much to say other than I 100% agree. Global exp share wasn't a good thing to add.

But I will say that it's probably too late to remove it since everyone already got their levels out of it and reverting levels would be impossible.
Even if I think it's a poor feature I'm still gonna keep it because it's just too useful not to have.

shekelstein

Post by shekelstein » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:55 am

Since global has been added, it has caused nothing but backstabbing and distrust. Even the top guilds have suffered many defections from loyal members. Fav himself said he was considering making a new guild altogether because of the members leaving once they feel like they have got everything they want. Yes the game has arguably decreased in quality, the levels being the irl equivalent of wage gap. The best are motivated to grind to get their guilds more levels, while the mid levels are unmotivated to grind because of the low reward. Back then, there was no global exp share, and the caves were occupied 24/7, which shows global is such unnecessary feature. I propose that global be removed, and it could be replaced by a feature like x1.5 coins, or just have it refunded entirely.

Pro_xGamer

Post by Pro_xGamer » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:58 am

I belive in thisis 100%.
(IDK WHAT TO SAY MORE MY ONLY JOB IN FORUM IS TO SUPPORT)
The only pro player in America sweating in Eliatopia

Stormzy

Post by Stormzy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:15 am

Sorry, it's me insomnia, I'm using Stormzy's account

But I 100 percent agree with this, global xp is the worst thing added to the game, I mean emes made the game kinda p2w but it was at atleast a decent hold to where it wasn't game breaking, but global xp is entirely dumb, too many lazy players just going afk and just mooching off of others hard work, and as a guild master I still to this day will never buy it, and I get so annoyed when so.e stupid high leveler comes along and tells me I should buy it cause it bring in more people, no it would bring lazy afk players too selfish to do their own work. This thing has almost entirely ruined the game, I hope it gets changed soon,and yes shell I agree that you can't find any more trustworthy players cause most just join for the exp then they just leave, which is why not many come to my guild cause they realize they have to put actual dedication into the game

TheWood

Post by TheWood » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:48 am

Global has made the game worse.
It used to take you months to get to level 100+, but now you can do it in a week with ridiculously few monster kills. It took me 250k kills to reach level 100, and then my guild earned global sharing and it became crazy... Leveling up used to require me to grind in a best areas for hours and days, and now you can just sit in afk and level up in 1-2 days if in top guilds. A low level can immediately go up a lot in top guilds, which is stupid and not a good thing. You can skip a huge part of the game and go straight to grinding strong monsters (if you buy armor for money).
Game has become much more boring. It used to be easy to close the game if I did what I wanted or got bored, but now you keep it on for a long time so you don't lose precious experience. About 30-50 players just afk for experience.
My 6-8 hour grinding a day a few months ago just made no sense, I was easily beaten in a couple of weeks lol. Players who just afk 24/7 and don't kill monsters in large numbers at all.
Expanding guild is just ptw to make a global sharing even more op and add more afk leeches to guild.
High levels guilds without global sharing are many times worse than guilds with it.
Robby could probably remove all xp sharings and clear xp taken from contribution, Idk.

Joey!!

Post by Joey!! » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:43 pm

yes
and look at all that support when you thought nobody would agree with u
i agree too
8-) 8-) 8-)