Re: Art tournament

Post by cinos » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:12 am

*UngaBunga* wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:57 am
mike wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:40 am
shekelstein wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:19 am
Bruh he told me to screenshot the cover so I just screenshotted the entire cover. It was partially my mistake. I never read Manga so I wouldn't know, i'm more of a kpop dude.
This isn't on you, more on gold. Would be great if they were actually in the forums
Nah man believe me he just a big fat liar, i mean if he were to draw poop as beautiful as that, he'd have a drawing tablet, which has a browser most of the times. And given the fact that he uses a school computer (smh he doesnt have his own device) depicts that he is a teen and i dont think he works for them. And you know you could easily just right click something and just say its yours. this kid pretty greedy imo. this is from my perspective.
Your perspective is nonsense though. Drawing tablets, specifically anything under 500 dollars, aka the one teenage artists DO buy as beginners, do not have any kind of "browser"...because digitizers are tools for a computer. You can either get one below 100 dollars without a screen (aka, what I have, functioning similarly to a mouse), or anything in the 500s WITH a high resolution display, which is not affordable. The only alternative which can have a "browser" is a PC-tablet, which costs a fortune, only affordable by a professional.

You have no idea, essentially, and I just wanted to rub it in, regardless of what GOLD is doing (I have no reason not to believe him so far). A drawing tablet usually has no effect on a PC's restrictions, and by extension a VPN's quarter speed.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

*UngaBunga*

Post by *UngaBunga* » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:21 pm

cinos wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:12 am
*UngaBunga* wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:57 am
mike wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:40 am

This isn't on you, more on gold. Would be great if they were actually in the forums
Nah man believe me he just a big fat liar, i mean if he were to draw poop as beautiful as that, he'd have a drawing tablet, which has a browser most of the times. And given the fact that he uses a school computer (smh he doesnt have his own device) depicts that he is a teen and i dont think he works for them. And you know you could easily just right click something and just say its yours. this kid pretty greedy imo. this is from my perspective.
Your perspective is nonsense though. Drawing tablets, specifically anything under 500 dollars, aka the one teenage artists DO buy as beginners, do not have any kind of "browser"...because digitizers are tools for a computer. You can either get one below 100 dollars without a screen (aka, what I have, functioning similarly to a mouse), or anything in the 500s WITH a high resolution display, which is not affordable. The only alternative which can have a "browser" is a PC-tablet, which costs a fortune, only affordable by a professional.

You have no idea, essentially, and I just wanted to rub it in, regardless of what GOLD is doing (I have no reason not to believe him so far). A drawing tablet usually has no effect on a PC's restrictions, and by extension a VPN's quarter speed.
sigh. u gonna roast me about why he does or doesnt have a drawing tablet? this is going nowhere. You didnt even say if his art was his or not.

winturs

Post by winturs » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:13 pm

shekelstein wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:41 am
!GOLD!'s submission:
I will be submitting for him because eliatopia forums are blocked on his school chromebook.
He drew the comic called Existence (Search it up, it's pretty good)
Hi, I'm an avid reader of manhwas and mangas and this submission is pretty questionable. Now I know he did submit a second one but based on his first submission his second one should be questioned for legitimacy. First of all this picture shows a water mark/credit panel for a manhwa on a scanlation website called Asura Scans. Asura is a large scanlation group which means it doesn't do any drawing it simply just rewrites the story in a different language. Unfortunately, Asura Scans isn't actually affiliated with any of the official comic companies like TappyToons or Kakao so the author of the actual comic usually has no connection with the scanlation group. This almost entirely diminishes the chances of him being the author as if he was the author he would have to 1. Write in Korean and 2. Have it as his literal job as drawing these comics take a tremendous amount of effort and time. As we know though he is still a student because like you said he's using a school chromebook. I would reconsider the legitimacy of him as he does seem pretty sketchy. Unless he has valid proof of him being the artist of the manhwa then I would definitely reccomend barring him from this competition. It's not cool to steal other peoples art and it completely ruins the point of showing people your creativity.

Sorry if this rant went way too long but I can't stand people who steal art.
-Winters

TL;DR: Official artists don't draw the watermark for scanlation groups.
Not an Eliatopia player
I am the game.

Bastos

Post by Bastos » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:51 pm

Here from me Bastos and !GOLD! did draw that manhua I can confirm xD he didn’t color all of it tho
Attachments
E55F4466-83DF-4B69-9500-8E675F5841D1.jpeg
E55F4466-83DF-4B69-9500-8E675F5841D1.jpeg (189.08KiB)Viewed 344 times

Bastos

Post by Bastos » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:56 pm

I totally understand about the watermarks tho shekel was the one who I asked to post it he didn’t put the one without the watermarks in it cause he doesn’t have access to it !Gold! Asked him to post it but didn’t know he would use the Audra scams one he’s my brother so I’ll ask him to put some of his rough sketches from drawing the manhua now I’ll go play the game peace xD

mike

Post by mike » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:59 pm

Bastos wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:56 pm
I totally understand about the watermarks tho shekel was the one who I asked to post it he didn’t put the one without the watermarks in it cause he doesn’t have access to it !Gold! Asked him to post it but didn’t know he would use the Audra scams one he’s my brother so I’ll ask him to put some of his rough sketches from drawing the manhua now I’ll go play the game peace xD
Rough sketches more like tracing, first gold claims he drew the entire manga and now you say he ONLY made some of it? Wheres this story going? He doesnt even know the original source of the drawing. And winturs made it clear that asura isnt even the ones that made it, theyre literally just translators.
go watch breaking bad
eliatopia discord:(if you have one) https://discord.gg/qFcKTtS
my discord:.mike#1112

winturs

Post by winturs » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:47 pm

Bastos wrote:
????
He posted a picture of just the credit panel and said it was his art entry...
Plus if he was the artist he would have complete access to raws your story doesn't add up at all.
Not an Eliatopia player
I am the game.

cinos

Post by cinos » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:14 am

winturs wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:47 pm
Bastos wrote:
????
He posted a picture of just the credit panel and said it was his art entry...
Plus if he was the artist he would have complete access to raws your story doesn't add up at all.
Not making a point here but I'm not one to keep my shιτ in order myself, so it's not IMpossible, just improbable for a recent production.
Last edited by cinos on Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE AGE
OF THE CEBINAE!!!1111

Ruppy

Post by Ruppy » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:18 am

juxtisse far Ruppy hy steel my art

Tufail

Post by Tufail » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:08 am

Giga Topia
Chad